MediaTek Labs has already launched several WiFi boards for IoT applications starting with LinkIt ONE, and later LinkIt Smart 7688 running OpenWrt, and the company is now about to launch LinkIt 7687 HDK (Hardware Development Kit) powered by Mediatek MT7687F Cortex-M4 SoC, running FreeRTOS, and developed & produced by Silicon Application Corp (SAC).
- SoC – MediaTek MT7687F ARM Cortex-M4F MCU @ 192MHz with 352 KB SRAM, 64KB ROM, and 2 MB serial flash in package, integrated security engine, and built-in 802.11n WiFi. 8×8 mm 68-pin QFN package
- Connectivity – 1×1 802.11 b/g/n WiFi with on-module PCB antenna and U.FL connector.
- USB – 1x micro USB for power, debugging (Coresight Debug Access Port + Virtual COM)
- Arduino Uno Rev. 3 headers + an extra 8-pin extension connector.
- Mass Storage Device (MSD) flash programming interface.
- Reserved headers for power consumption (current) measurement.
- Misc – LEDs for UART communication, power, and 6x user customizable; 3x push buttons for reset, RTC interrupt, and external interrupt; configuration jumpers for power source and boot mode (embedded flash or UART)
- Power supply – 5V via micro USB port, or 1.8 to 3.2V using VIN pin
- Dimensions – 108.5 x 60.5 mm
- Weight – 25 grams
- Temperature Range – Operating: -40 to 85°C
This is the first board for MediaTek LinkIt Development Platform for RTOS, which is said to provide “the convenience of a single toolset and common APIs implemented over a popular RTOS”, in this case, FreeRTOS with additional components such as TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP (client and server), SNTP, DHCP daemon, MQTT, XML and JSON. You can download MediaTek LinkIt SDK v3.0, compatible with Windows and Linux operating systems, to work on it.
Documentation for the board, including datasheets, a user’s guide, and the hardware reference files, can be found on Hardware Development Kits for the MediaTek LinkIt Development Platform for RTOS page.
Mediatek MT7687 HDK and MT7687 WiFi module are shown to be “coming so” for respectively $19.99 and $4.99.
Via HackerBoards (previously LinuxGizmos)
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|