So it looks like Mediatek has decided to carry on with its Mediatek Labs endeavours, as after launching LinkIt ONE last year, they’re about to introduce LinkIT Connect 7681, a development board with a Mediatek MT7681 based Wi-Fi module, and access to various GPIOs.
- SoC – Mediatek MT7681 Andes N9 processor @ 80 MHz with 64KB RAM,
- Storage – 1MB SPI Flash for firmware
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n for Station mode; 802.11 b/g for AP mode via a MT7681 module by AcSIP
- Headers – 12-pin header for UART, 5 GPIOs (also usable as software PWM), RESET, and 3.3V/5V/GND; 6-pin header for SPI, 3.3V and GND.
- USB – 1x micro USB for power and programming/debugging
- Misc – Reset push-button, 2x UART LEDs
- Power Supply – On-board 1A 3.3V voltage regulator (can be powered from USB connector)
- I/O Voltage – 3.3V for GPIO and UART
- Dimensions – 50 x 31 mm (board); 15 x 18mm (Wi-Fi module)
A Wiki has been setup for the board, and already contains a short overview, and links to hardware files (free registration required), API reference, a developer’s guide, and the SDK for Linux or Windows (Cygwin required). Key features of the SDK include:
- Libraries for all the MediaTek LinkIt Connect 7681 APIs, including Smart Connection and FOTA firmware updates
- C-like language
- Command line compiler, based on Andes Development Kit
- Firmware upload tool
- MediaTek Smart Connection app examples for Android and iOS, including source code
- Example source code such as IoTServer, AT Command Parser, Data Command Parser and X-Modem
The board is not available yet, but Mediatek Labs MT7681 page indicates LinkIt Connect should be available early 2015 via Seeed Studio. The price has not been disclosed either, but this looks somewhat similar to WRTnode selling for $25, and the HLK-M30 Starterkit, also based on MT7681 and very similar to LinkIt Connect, sells for $16.32 including shipping and a power supply, so I’d expect the new board to cost between $10 to $20.
Thanks to deets for the tip.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|