Amlogic S905X is a low cost version of Amlogic S905 with a lower operating frequency, built-in stereo DAC, integrated Ethernet PHY, 4K VP9 and HDR10 & HLG support, and NEXBOX A5 TV box will be one of the first devices with the processor.
NEXBOX A5 (preliminary) specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.5GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750 MHz
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3 (Option: 1GB)
- Storage – 16GB flash (8GB option) + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz, and AV port (composite)
- Audio Output – HDMI, optical S/PDIF, AV port (stereo audio)
- Video Codecs – 4K VP9 @ 60 fps, 4K 10-bit H.265 @ 60 fps
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – Power button and LED.
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions & Weight – N/A
It took a lot of emails back and forth to get the specs somewhat right, as there were many conflicts in the specs I had been given and the website, so there may be some errors in some details.
The TV box will run Android 6.0 Marshmallow like all Amlogic S905X and S912 based products, and ship with a power adapter, a remote control, a user’s manual, and a HDMI cable.
I have not been able to get a price for the device, but I’ve been told it would be available on April 30 likely to bulk buyers. The announcement also mentions NEXBOX A1 with Amlogic S912 processor, but there’s no ETA for that one.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.