After tablets, mini PCs, laptops, and All-in-one PCs, Remix OS is getting on yet another form factor with MeegoPad A02 TV stick powered by Allwinner A83T octa-core Cortex A7 processor with 1 or 2GB RAM, 16 or 32 GB storage.
MeegoPad A02 specifications:
- SoC – Allwinner A83T octa-core ARM Cortex-A7 @ 2.0 GHz with PowerVR SGX544MP1 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB or 2GB DDR3L
- Storage – 16GB or 32GB eMMC flash, micro SD slot up to 128GB
- Video Output – HDMI up to 4K resolution
- Audio Output – HDMI, 3,5 mm headphone jack
- Connetivity – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB port for power
- Misc – Power button
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via micro USB
- Dimensions – 110 x 43 x 9.9 mm
- Weight – 50 grams
MeegoPad A02 has launched on a crowdfunding campaign in China on JD.com, where the 1GB/16GB version can be purchased for 199 RMB (~$30) and the 2GB/32GB version for 299 RMB (~$46)
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
3 Replies to “MeegoPad A02 Octa-Core Remix OS TV Stick Sells for $30 and Up (in China)”
These are all nice but CPU power is just not there with A7 (not to mention GPU in case of AllWinner). How about using a SD652 (quad A53, quad A72, Adreno 50X) instead and selling it for 100USD or so?
A83T is a really weird choice since to get full CPU performance you would need already liquid cooling. In Android/RemixOS GPU performance is more important and there the single core SGX544MP1 simply sucks. But since the target audience of this device are rather clueless people that associate ‘octa-core CPU’ with performance (even if Allwinner’s crappy 3.4 kernel already shut 4 or more CPU cores down due to overheating) it will be most likely a success.
They are on Indiegogo now -> https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a02-remix-os-octa-core-computer-stick-by-meegopad/x/1760545#/
$39 + shipping early bird