We’ve already seen that Allwinner intended to enter the virtual reality market with their H8vr, V9 and V10 All-in-One Android VR solutions, and at least one H8vr headset is now available for sale with CX-V3 VR headset with a full HD display, also called V3 that selling for $129.99 on GeekBuying, or as low as $99.99 if you are lucky enough to win a coupon.
- SoC – Allwinner H8 octa core Cortex A7 processor @ 2.0 GHz with PowerVR SGX544 GPU @ 700 MHz
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot
- Display – 5.5″ 1920×1080 resolution
- 2x optical lenses that work for people with myopia under 64 mm
- Diameter – 43mm
- 100 degrees field of view (FOV)
- 46mm IPD (interpupillary distance) adjustment
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 (Ampak AP6212)
- Audio Output – 3.5 mm audio jack for headphones
- Video Output – 3.5mm CVBS (N/B.: Not shown on any pictures, unless it’s shared with the 3.5mm audio jack)
- USB – 1x micro USB 2.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 host port
- Sensors – 9-axis gyroscope
- Misc – Adjustable headband, touch panel, buttons (Back, volume, On/Off and “Nibiru”), and LED
- Battery – 4,000mAh
- Dimensions – 18.8 x 10 x 12.5 cm
- Weight – 430 grams
The headset runs Nibiru OS based on Android 5.1, and including Nibiru Store with over 100 free VR games and app. It ships with a power adapter, a USB cable, a warranty card, and a user’s manual. Bear in mind that Allwinner H8vr has mostly been designed to watch 3D, and 360°/VR videos, and the GPU might not really be ideal for a smooth experience with most 3D graphics games and apps.
CX- devices are usually made by Sunchip, but that particular model is not shown on their Alibaba page, and instead they have CX-VR1 VR headset also based on Allwinner H8 processor, while Sunchip CX-V3 is Miracast dongle.