I first came across Ipega brand when I reviewed E-Box T8-4 TV box which included Ipega PG-9028 Bluetooth game controller, which also serves as an handle for your smartphone, so that you can easily play game on your Android smartphone while holding the gamepad. That kind of controller is now pretty common, but Ipega 9057 might be a little less common as instead of a gamepad, a gun carries your smartphone instead making it suitable for first person games such as Dead Trigger, Shadowgun, or Modern Combat.
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 3.0; 8 meters range
- Stand – 45 to 95mm for smartphones with up to 6″ displays
- USB – 1x micro USB for charging
- Controls – Various buttons and joysticks (See graph below)
- Misc – LED for battery level, vibration motor, reset pinhole
- Battery – Built-in Lithium 600mAh; up to 25 hours play time; up to 2 hours for a full charge
It would probably much fun if it supported motion control with the games responding to your movements, but based on the demo below you need to stay static, and press buttons as you play.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.