If you are old enough to have played with Sega or Atari game console, and feel nostalgic about playing retro games, Dream Arcades Inc. plans to launch a vintage gaming console powered by Intel Braswell or Cherry Trail processor, running Windows 10 and preloaded with licensed retro games such as Pacman, Asteroids, Canyon Bomber, Slot Machine, Warlords, and many other. The console also has Sega/Atari ports to be used with your old game controllers.
- SoC – Intel Atom x7-Z8700 Cherry Trail quad core processor, or Intel Celeron J3160 (or other) Braswell quad core processor with Intel HD graphics
- System Memory – 4GB
- Storage – 64GB eMMC flash + micro SD and SD slots
- Video Output – HDMI
- Display (Arcade edition only) – 8 display IPS screen
- Audio Out – HDMI, and 3.5mm audio jack
- USB – 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Connectivity – Ethernet, WiFi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- Game controller ports – 2x Atari/Sega ports
- Misc – Controller button, and joystick (arcade only)
Hardware specifications are not completely frozen, as I’ve been told the company is working with several company to produce the mainboard matching those requirements. Both the game console and arcade machine will be pre-loaded with games that used to run on Atari 2600, NES, Genesis, Intellivision, Atari 7800, Super NES, Atari 5200, ColecoVision, Master System, Playstation, Sega 32X, Nintendo 64, Game Gear, Gameboy Color and Advance, and since it’s a Windows 10 mini PC, you’d be able to run any games you want, provided the processor and GPU are fast enough. But that means any old Windows game would run on it.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.