Roku is a popular brand for media streamers in North America, which also operates in some countries in Europe, and according to the leaked pictures provided by Zatznotfunny, the company has 5 models in the pipe for this year with entry-level (Express), mid-range (Premiere) and high-end (Ultra) versions.
Let’s go through some of main features of the five models from low-end to high-end:
- Roku Express 3700 – About half the size of a Roku player, and comes with HDMI and micro USB ports.
- Roku Express Plus 3710 – Similar as above, possibly with additional ports (e.g. AV jack) or headphone + voice control remote
- Roku Premiere 4620 – Larger model
- Roku Premiere+ 4630 – Same as above but with Ethernet and micro SD, as well as HDR support
- Roku Ultra 4640 – Replacement of the current Roku 4 with HDMI output (4K / HDR), micro SD slot, optical S/PDIF, and Ethernet. It may also have a USB port.
We don’t have the full details about the hardware specifications, but it’s likely the company is still using Broadcom processors in their new models. We’ll have to wait for Roku’s announcement to find out more.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.