You probably have wished getting started with 3D printer, as I did, but you may have been put off with the high cost associated with 3D printers even the cheaper ones for several hundred dollars, especially if you are unsure whether you’re going to use it often. But there’s now a very affordable 3D printer kit based on Prusa i3 printer that sells on GearBest for $146.99 including shipping with A8PRINT coupon.
- Print Area: 220 x 220 x 240mm
- Print speed – 100 mm/s
- Nozzle diameter – 0.4 mm
- Layer thickness – 0.1 – 0.3 mm
- XY-axis positioning accuracy – 0.012 mm
- Z-axis positioning accuracy – 0.004 mm
- Supported materials – ABS, PLA, TPU, Luminescent, Nylon PVA, PP, Wood???
- Material diameter – 1.75mm
- Frame material – Acrylic plate
- Platform board: Aluminum Base
- 2004 LCD screen for configuration
- SD card for offline print
- Supported file formats – G-code, OBJ, STL
- Voltage: 12V
- Weight – 8.5 kg
- Dimensions – 3D printer: 510 x 400 x 415 mm; Package: 520x350x220 mm
- Operating Temperature Range – 10 to 30 C
- Certification – EMC,FCC,LVD,RoHs
The manufacturer recommends Cura or Repetier-Host software for Windows, Linux, or Mac OS to work with the printer. It’s a kit, so you’d need to assemble it, and it should take around a day, although Tulio Laanen, who is experienced with 3D printers and has reviewed Anet A8 in the video below, managed to do it in 4 to 5 hours.
Overall he was surprised by how well the printer worked considering the price, but he also printed some parts to improve the printer, and the provided filament roll. You’ll also find 3D files for Anet A8 spare part on thingiverse. I have a bunch a development boards without case, so such printer might be an interesting addition, especially it’s likely to become popular as for less than $200 shipped, it’s cheap and appears to work reasonably well.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|