Eurotech has recently EDCK 4001 “Everyware Device Cloud Development Kit” for professionals who wish to experiment with and/or develop IoT/M2M applications. It includes the company’s ReliaGATE 10-11 IoT gateway powered by Texas Instruments Sitara AM3352 Cortex A8 processor, DirectLOGIC DL05 PLC, and a control/demo board with buttons, LEDs, and rotary encoder, as well as all necessary cables and accessories.
ReliaGATE 10-11 gateway specifications:
- SoC – Texas Instruments AM3352 ARM Cortex A8 processor @ 800MHz
- Memory – 512MB DDR3
- Storage – 4GB eMMC flash, user accessible micro SD Slot
- Connectivity – 2x 10/100Mbps, WiFi and Bluetooth, optional Cellular connectivity and GPS via ReliaCELL
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports; noise and surge protected
- Serial – 2x RS-232/RS-485 (Surge protected, RS-485 termination and Fail-safe Resistors); 1x Serial Console TTL
- CAN – 2x CAN 2.0b bus with 5V/100mA power out
- Digital I/O – 2x Digital Input 5V (TTL), 1KV opto-isolated – 2x Digital Output (40VDC), 30mA sink
- Misc – RTC, external watchdog, temperature sensor, accelerometer, 5x LEDs (1x power, 4x user), 1x reset button, 1x user button
- Power Supply – 9 to 36V DC input with transient protection, vehicle ignition sense
- Power Consumption – 2W Idle; 15W Max
- Dimensions – 140x95x45mm
- Weight – 160 grams
- Temperature Range – Operating: -20 to +70°C; storage: -40 to +85°C
- Certifications – CE, FCC, E-mark, IC, UL60950, RoHS2, REACH, IP40
The gateway runs an Linux 3.14 based operating systems built with Yocto Project 1.6, and the company provides both an Eclipse based SDK and Eurotech’s Everyware Software IoT framework based on Java/OSGi, as well as trial licenses for Everyware Cloud and Bitreactive Reactive Blocks visual model-driven development environment.
- 8x built-in inputs and 6x built-in outputs, expandable to 30 I/O total
- 8x combinations of AC or DC powered PLC units with AC, DC and relay I/O
- 6KB program and data memory
- 2x communication ports
- Supports MODBUS RTU master/slave, DeviceNET slave, Profibus slave and Ethernet networking
- 129 instructions, including four PID loops
- Supports functions such as FOR/ NEXT loops, subroutines, and drum sequencers
- Removable terminal block connectors
The PLC is itself connected to a demo board with one momentary button, three ON/OFF buttons, three LEDs, one RGB LED, and a quad counter. The kit is completed with a 24V/1A power supply, power blades for wall mount adapter, an internal dipole WiFi & Bluetooth antenna with an RP-SMA connector, an Ethernet cable, a USB to TTL debug board, and wall mount brackets in aluminum.
EDCK 4001 development kit is said to be available now for an unstated price. However for reference, the PLC sells for $125, and Reliagate 10-20 gateway (based on NXP i.MX6 instead of AM3352) for about $400, adding about $100 the accessories and demo board should give a rough idea about the total price of the kit. You’ll find more details on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|