Every few months, we inflate (or deflate) our car tires at the gas station to match the pressures for front and rear tires given by the manufacturer. But if you want to make sure the pressures are always at their optimal levels, or close to it CAREUD U800WF pressure monitoring system might be a useful little gadget.
The monitor that you can place on your dashboard comes with the following specifications:
- Display showing pressure with +/- 1.5 PSI accuracy and temperature with +/- 3 °C accuracy for all four tires; data updated every 3 seconds.
- Connectivity – 433.92 MHz RF
- Power Supply
- Solar Panel
- 5V via micro USB port
- 900 mAh Li-ion Battery
- Temperature Range – Storage: -30 to 85 °C; operating: -20 to 80 °C
- IP Rating – IP5K4K (The “K” in the ingress protection rating means it complies with ISO 20653:2013 Road Vehicles-Degrees of protection)
- Dimensions – 76 x 50 x 62 (depth) mm
- Weight – 72 grams
The monitor is only part of the solution as the kit comes with four sensors to connect to your tires, four anti-theft screws, a sensor wrench, a spanner, a charging cable, as well as a user guide, an installation manual, and a warranty card.
The system will alert you by flashing icon and emitting a beep when the pressure is too high or too low, or when the temperature is too high (> 70 °C). It’s also capable of detecting air leakage, and report is the sensors’ battery level is low.
I first found CAREUD U800WF on GeekBuying where it is sold for $79.99 shipped, but you’ll also find it on eBay and Amazon US. I could not find that exact model on Aliexpress, but if you look for CAREUD, you’ll find other models, including some specifically designed for trucks with 6 wheels.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|