If you are interested in networking applications, you may have already heard about Marvell ARMADA 8040 based SolidRun MACCHIATOBin board with multiple 10Gbps and Gbps network interfaces, three SATA ports, and more. PicoCluster has decided to make a cluster of 6 MACHIATOBin boards coupled with a Marvell Prestera DX 14 port, 10GbE switch for OpenDataPlane (ODP), Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK), OpenFastPath(OPF) as well as OPNFV (Open Platform for Network Functions Virtualization) .
The main features of the full assembled kit – named Cube – include:
- 6x MACCHIATOBin quad core Cortex A72 boards (24 cores in total)
- 1x Prestera DX 10GbE 14-port switch board
- 6x fans
- Power Supply
- Acrylic case
The cluster kit comes with 64GB micro SD cards pre-loaded with the latest OPNFV Danube software release for ARM integrated by ENEA Software AB. The cluster is said to be compliant with the OPNFV Pharos specification.
Three pre-order options are available with delivery scheduled for September 2017:
- $1,699.00 – Starter kit with all required items minus the MACCHIATOBin boards
- $4,699.00 – Advanced kit with all required items including the Marvell boards, but it still needs to be assembled
- $4,999.00 – Assembled Cube with everything as shown in the picture above
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.