Most people won’t need this, but if you are working on HDMI, HDFury Vertex HDMI 2.0b splitter and scaler could be a very useful product. It comes with one HDMI 2.0b input port, two HDMI 2.0b output ports, some audio ports, an OLED display showing EDID, HDR, and other information, and a Windows tool allowing you to find out the full details about your HDMI connection over USB.
- HDMI revision: HDMI 2.0b (Level A) 600Mcsc – 18Gbps
- Max Resolution: 4K60 4:4:4 8b, 4K60 4:2:2 12b, 4K120 4:2:0 8b or 8K30 4:2:0 8b
- I/O – 2 HDMI In, 2 HDMI Out, IR, RS232, USB, Analog Jack, Optical Out.
- Upscale port – FHD 1080p to UHD 2160p & 4K/DCI
- Downscale port – UHD 2160p & 4K/DCI to FHD 1080p
- Signal Conversion – Resolution, Chroma Subsampling, Color Space, Color Depth, HDCP
- HDCP Conversion – Any HDCP to any HDCP with CST1 support
- Operating Modes – 18Gbps Scaler, Splitter & Matrix with CEC, ARC and EDID management
- Special Modes – CEC Command, HTPC, Disable HDR, HDMI Doctor and booster.
- EDID Modes – 10 EDID Flags, 100 EDID Banks (10 custom)
- Infoframe Modes -: Capture, edit, block or replace HDR metadata, AVI & VSIF, Read SPD, Audio, HDMI Vendor, HDMI Forum
- On Screen Display – Editable with custom text and mask. (cover TV channel logo)
- OLED Display – 3.12″ diagonal, 256×64, 32 green colors
- Dimension – 10 x 6 x 3 cm
- Weight – 130g
The unit ships with a power supply and a mini USB cable by default, but the company also optionally offers a Smart PSU for power monitoring, HDMI cables, and a GoBlue kit to add Bluetooth connectivity in case you want to use the Android/iOS app for monitoring data.
The picture above shows what kind of info you can expect to show on the OLED display with info about HDMI in, HDMI out, etc… But if you really to get the full HDMI details and control, you can connect the device to your computer USB port, and install VERTEX UTILITY Windows GUI 0.5.
There’s also a public API/DLL (but where? I could not find it…) to develop your own program for Vertex. You’ll find more details including the mobile apps, the Windows program, the user guide, and other documentation in the product page, where you can also pre-order HDFury Vertex for $349 with delivery scheduled for November 2017…