Earlier this year, I wrote about an ESP8266 based RGB LED “AI Light” lightbulb that was hacked to run ESPurna open source firmware. That’s all good, except some people tried to get one, and ended with a different hardware. So if you’d like something that’s more of a “sure thing”, ITEAD Studio has designed Sonoff B1 dimmable RGB LED E27 light bulb based on ESP8285 processor, and with a “4 pads” to allow for custom firmware flashing.
Sonoff B1 hardware specifications:
- Typical Lumen Output – 600lm
- Beam Angle – 120 degrees typ.
- Color Temperature – 2800K-6500K & RGB full color
- Connectivity – WiFi 802.11 b/g/n @ 2.4GHz
- Power Supply – 90-260V AC 50/60Hz via E27 base
- Power Consumption – Light off: 0.5W Max; rated power: 6W
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0ºC~ 40ºC; storage: -20ºC~ 80ºC
- Operating Humidity – 5%-90% RH
Sonoff B1 with stock firmware can be controlled using the usual eWelink Android / iOS app to turn the light on and off, define timers, select the color, and/or dim the light. The aopp also supports 4 scenes for resting, reading, partying and casual use that you can customize as you wish. The LED bulb is also compatible with Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant services so you can use voice commands to control the light instead. Bear in mind that you may need to wait a little longer to get custom firmware working for it, unless you are willing to get your hands dirty. But this looks so similar to “AI Light”, that I’d expect a port not to be too difficult.
You can purchase Sonoff B1 light bulb for $18 + shipping on ITEAD Studio website.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|