While you may have thought Wemos Lolin32 board selling for $6.9 plus shipping was already a decent deal, you can now buy a
breadboard friendly ESP32 development board for the normal price of ES8266 board thanks to a promotion on Banggood selling 1,000 pieces of “Geekcreit ESP32” board for $4.09 including shipping, and valid until September 10, or while stock lasts.
It looks to be roughly the same design as the fake NodeMCU ESP-32s board I once spotted:
- Wireless Module – ESP-WROOM-32 with Espressif ESP32 dual core processor with 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Expansion – 2x 19 pin headers with GPIOs, Analog inputs (ADC), UART, I2C, VP/VN, etc…; breadboard compatible
- USB – 1x micro USB port for power and programming
- Misc – BOOT and EN buttons, red (power) and blue (GPIO2) LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V via USB or Vin pin
- Dimensions – 51.4 x 28.3 mm
But instead, it’s made by Doit.am, and called ESP32 Devkit v1. Banggood link to LuaNode Github repo, but you should be able to use anything you want to progrm the board including Arduino Core, Espruino, Micropython, ESP-IDF SDK, etc…
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|