There are so many Amlogic S905X/S912 TV boxes on the market that offer the same features, I’ve long stopped reporting on all new models, unless they have very specific features, or are made by some of the most popular companies. SATXTREM OTT Box & WiFi Router appear to be a difference beast – as its name implies -, as it’;s both an Android 7.1 TV box, and an Android WiFi router thanks to three Ethernet ports.
SATXTREM TV box & router specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X quad core Cortex A53 processor @ up to 1.5 GHz with ARM Mali-450MP3 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash (Options: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB) + micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz, AV port (composite)
- Video Codecs – 4K 10-bit H.265 up to 60 fps, VP9 up to 60 fps, H.264 up to 30 fps
- Audio Output – HDMI audio, AV port (stereo audio), and optical S/PDIF
- 3x 10/100M Ethernet ports including one WAN port, two LAN ports
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi with internal antenna
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR receiver, Power/standby LED, update button (via pinhole)
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via power barrel jack
- Dimensions & Weight – N/A
The specifications lists AP6181/AP6212/AP6330/AP6335 wireless modules, so while most devices sold online will likely only come with 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, resellers could likely request an AP6335 module supporting 802.11ac WiFi.
The device is sold on Aliexpress for $68 shipped, but you’ll also find a $116 “1-year IPTV with box” option that promises 1,460 IPTV channels watchable through “Best HD IPTV” app. Needless to say the last option is rather dodgy, and may not last one full year. I’ve also noticed all sellers offering SATXTREM devices are rather new with limited feedback. For example, the shop I linked to was setup in September 2017. The manufacturer “Shenzhen SATXTREM Technology Co. Ltd” does not have a website, but you’ll find some company info on sites like DIYtrade.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.