Allwinner unveiled their SoC-Only 3-Mic Far-Field Development Kit for Amazon AVS last week, but they are now joined by another low cost silicon vendor as Amlogic has just launched their own A113X1 far-field dev kit officially support for Amazon Alexa Voice Service (AVS).
The development kit is powered by Amlogic A113X SoC designed for such applications with “an audio pipeline that supports high fidelity audio with soft DSP algorithms for both frontend and backend processing”.
- SoC – Amlogic A113X quad core Cortex A53 processor
- System Memory – 512MB DDR3
- Storage – 512 MB NAND flash
- Connectivity – SDIO WiFi/BT (AP6356S)
- SPDIF_IN jack
- LINE_IN/LINE_OUT jacks
- 2x Audio headers (MIC_Connector & SPK_Connector)
- USB – 1x micro USB 2.0 OTG port
- Expansion – SPI header
- Misc – 6x ADC Keys, IR_IN/IR_OUT, UART Interface (RS232), LEDs
- Power Supply – 12V/2A
- Microphone board
- 6x digital microphones in a circular array
- Texas Instruments PCA9557PWR IO expander
- Speaker board
- Texas Instruments TAS5707PHPR 20-W Open-Loop Stereo Digital Input Class-D Audio Amplifier with Speaker EQ and DRC
- Power Supply – 12V DC barrel jack
The solution is said to run “high-performance DSP algorithms for acoustic echo cancellation, beamforming, and noise reduction”.
Beside the three boards of the kit (main, speaker, and microphone), you’ll also get a power supply, a serial debug adapter, and a pair of generic speakers. You’ll find more documentation, a getting started guide (with a Linux 4.9 buildroot based distribution), and a purchase link for the $250 kit on a dedicated Amazon Developer page. The kit is currently demonstrated at the Amlogic suite in the Venetian (Suite #34311) during CES 2018.
We’ll also find the kit in company of the aforementioned $129 Allwinner Amazon AVS kit, a new $1,250 “Qualcomm Smart Audio 6-Mic Development Kit for Amazon AVS”, and as well as the $299 hands-free “Synaptics AudioSmart 2-Mic Dev Kit for Amazon AVS” on the System Dev Kits section of Amazon AVS Development Kits page.
Thanks to Theguyuk for the tip
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|