Last fall, I wrote about Eny Technology HF10, a 2-in-1 Android 6.0 TV box & Bluetooth speaker powered by Amlogic S905X processor, but at the time it was still under development, and we did not know all the features. The device has now been launched under the MXQ brand with support for Amazon Alexa voice service, and is up for pre-order for $96.55 on GearBest.
MXQ HF10 specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.5 GHz with Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot up to 128 GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz
- HDMI output
- 2.5″ 10W mono bass speaker with class-D amplifier
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port
- Misc – Power & Play/Pause combo button, and volume buttons
- Power Supply – 18W (may 12V/1.5A).
- Dimensions – 9.10 cm ∅ x 12.80 cm (H)
- Weight – 570 grams
The device runs Android 6.0, and you can control it with your smartphone using “MXQ app” which I could not find anywhere, but it may just be a web interface, as they mentioned it can be accessed from a web browser. You can also use your smartphone to play music to the spaker as you’d do with any other Bluetooth speakers. The provided Bluetooth remote control comes with a microphone button, which allows to talk to your box and get feedback through Amazon Alexa service. The device also ships with a power adapter, a HDMI cable, and a user manual in English.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|