Nordic Semi will soon launch nRF91 series low power cellular IoT solution, that consists of a system-in-package (SiP) combining a global multimode LTE-M / NB-IoT modem, an Arm Cortex-M33 core, Arm TrustZone security solution, assisted GPS, and flash memory into a 16x10x1.2 mm package.
Nordic Semi nRF91 specifications known to far:
- CPU – Arm Cortex-M33 ARMv8-M host processor
- Memory / Storage – Built-in RAM and flash Memory
- Multimode LTE-M (eMTC) and NB-IoT modem by Nordic
- SAW-less transceiver
- Custom RF front-end solution from Qorvo.
- Location – Optional assisted GPS combining cellular and GPS technology for fast and accurate positioning
- Security – Arm TrustZone security via Arm CryptoCell-310 security IP
- Power Management
- Package – 16 x 10 x 1.2 mm
Nordic Semiconductor nRF91 Series is said to include a complete suite of software and development tools for product development, but no details were provided at this stage.
The solution has already been demonstrated on the Verizon Wireless Network in the U.S. and on the Telia network in Norway, and nRF91 samples are being sent to select customers. However, we’ll have to wait a little longer before seeing products based on nRF91, as general samples are only planned for mid-2018, and mass production for the end of the year.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.