Not everybody is willing to spend around $650 on the recently announced GPD Win 2 portable Windows game console, and for people with a lower budget and happy to play Android games, the company has now launched the expected GPD XD+ console with GeekBuying and GearBest taking pre-orders for $209.99 including shipping.
GPD XD+ will be an upgrade of the previous GPD XD console with Rockchip RK3288 replaced by a more powerful Mediatek MT8176 processor, and RAM capacity increased to 4GB. The rest of the design is pretty much unchanged.
GPD XD Plus specifications:
- SoC – Mediatek MT8176 hexa-core processor with 2x Cortex A72 cores @ 2.1 GHz, 4x Cortex A53 cores @ 1.7 GHz, and Imagination PowerVR GX6250 GPU
- System Memory – 4GB RAM
- Storage – 32GB eMMC flash (GearBest shows 64GB instead), micro SD slot up to 128GB
- Display – 5″ 720p capacitive touch display
- Video Output – 1x mini HDMI
- Audio – Dual speaker, via HDMI output, 1x 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity – Dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1
- USB – 1x micro USB port
- Buttons – Power button, cross button, dual-character button（A/B/X/Y；△/○/×/□）, L1/L2/L3/R1/R2/R3, joysticks, Start/Select button, Volume +/-, Back，Android function, Home, Keymapper button
- Sensor – 3-axis gravity sensor
- Battery – 6,000 mAh @ 3.7V
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 155 x 89 x 24 mm
- Weight – ~300 grams
The console runs Android 7.0, and support emulation for NES / FC, GB, GBC, SMC, SMD, SFC / SNES, GBA, MAME, N64 and SONY PlayStation games. It ships with a power adapter, a USB cable, and user manual in English. Pre-orders for GPD XD+ should start shipping
around mid-February around mid April (GeekBuying changed shipping estimate from 25 days to 79 days).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|