Based on Intel NUC 2018/2019 roadmap published, we expected the first Intel Gemini Lake NUC mini PC to launch right at the end of 2017, but there’s been some delays. Since then we’ve learned Gemini Lake mini PC from third parties should launch around the end of March / beginning of April, and the official Intel GLK NUCs might launch around that time frame, or maybe a little earlier, because today, I’ve been informed the specifications for NUC7CJY/NUC7PJY kits and mini PC had been released on Intel website.
- Intel NUC Kit NUC7CJYH / Intel NUC Mini PC NUC7CJYS – Dual core Intel Celeron J4005 processor @ 2.0 GHz / 2.70 GHz (Turbo) with 4MB cache, Intel HD Graphics 600; up to 10 TDP
- Intel NUC NUC7PJYH – Quad core Intel Pentium Silver J5005 processor @ 1.5 GHz / 2.80 GHz (Turbo) with 4MB cahce, Intel HD Graphics 605; up to 10W TDP
- System Memory
- 2x SO-DIMM slots supporting DDR4 2133/2400 MHz SO-DIMMs, up to 8GB total.
- NUC7CJYS only – 4 GB DDR4 2400 MHz SO-DIMM pre-installed
- 1x SATA 6.0 Gbps port supporting 2.5″ SSD or HDD up to 9.5 mm thick
- 1x full-sized SDCX slot
- SPI flash device for Intel BIOS
- NUC7CJYS only – 32 GB embedded MultiMediaCard (eMMC) onboard storage module
- Video Output – 2x HDMI 2.0a interfaces up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDR support; Integrated HDMI CEC in “HDMI 1” port
- Intel High Definition (Intel HD) Audio via the HDMI v2.0 interfaces supporting compressed 7.1digital audio
- Realtek ALC233 HD Audio via a stereo microphone/headphone 3.5 mm jack on the front panel
- Compressed 5.1digital audio through a mini-TOSLINK jack on the back panel
- Digital microphone (DMIC) array header for support of digital voice assistants, such as Microsoft Cortana and Amazon Alexa (dual digital array microphones included with Intel NUC Kits and Mini PC, but not board-only SKUs)
- Gigabit Ethernet port using Realtek RTL8111H-CG controller
- 802.11 ac 1×1 WiFi up to 433 Mbps + Bluetooth 5 via Intel Wireless-AC 9462-D2W module (soldered down)
- 2x USB 3.0 on front panel including one charging capable amber port, 2x USB 3.0 port via external back panel connectors
- 2x USB 2.0 ports via 2x internal 4-pin 1.25mm pitch headers
- Consumer Infrared (CIR)
- Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) header
- Front panel header
- Hardware monitor subsystem – Based on ITE IT8987VG embedded controller with voltage sense, thermal sense, processor fan header, fan sense input, and simple fan speed control.
- Intel Platform Trust Technology (Intel PTT) Generation 3
- Power Supply
- 19V DC input
- Auxiliary power (AUX_PWR) – provides 1A of 5 VSB and DC IN power
- Dimensions – 4″ x 4″ (101.60 x 101.60 mm)
Other diagrams also reveal the mini PC will come with fan, an RTC battery…
… and provide a layout of the board.
- F – Auxiliary power connector (AUX_PWR) (1.25 mm pitch)
- G – Digital microphone array (DMICS) connector (1.25 mm pitch)
- H – Intel Wireless-AC 9462-D2W wireless LAN module
- I – RGB LED header (RGB_LED) (1.25 mm pitch)
- J – Front panel header (1.25 mm pitch)
- K – BIOS security jumper
- L – SATA power connector (1.25 mm pitch)
- N & P – Front panel single-port USB 2.0 connector (1.25 mm pitch)
- O – HDD LED
- X – Consumer Electronic Control (CEC) connector
You’ll find the full details in Intel NUC Products NUC7CJY/NUC7PJY Technical Product Specification (PDF).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.