Last summer, we started to see products and motherboards based on Intel Atom C3000 series Denverton SoC, including GIGABYTE MA10-ST0 server motherboard and Axiomtek NA362 network appliance with up to 10 LAN ports.
AAEON has informed me they’ve launched their own Denverton network appliance with AAEON FWS-2360 equipped with a pair of fiber/copper SFP GbE ports, four GbE ports and two Mini-card slots to accommodate WiFi and 4G LTE expansion. The device also comes with an mSATA socket and a 2.5” SATA bay for storage.
- SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Atom C3308 dual core Denverton processor @ 1.60 / 2.20 GHz with 4MB cache; 9.5W TDP
- Intel Atom C3558 quad core Denverton processor @ 2.20 GHz with 8MB cache; 16W TDP
- System Memory
- Dual core – 1x DDR4 SODIMM ECC DIMM
- Quad core – 2x DDR4 SODIMM ECC DIMM
- Storage – On-board eMMC flash up to 16GB; 1x 2.5″ SATA III HDD/SSD bay; 1x mSATA
- 4x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports via Intel X553 based on Marvell 88E1543 PHY
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet ports using Intel i211 (default) or 2x SFP cages using Intel i210
- Up to two pairs bypass function
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 1x internal USB 3.0 interface
- 2x mPCIe mini card sockets with one SIM card socket
- 8-pin internal header for digital I/Os (4-in /4-out)
- Management – 1x RJ45 console port
- Security – TPM v1.2 9660/TPM2.0 9665
- Misc – Power, network, and storage status LEDs, power & reset buttons, reserved pin-header for mouse/keyboard connector, RTC, watchdog timer, system fan header, 4x antenna holes
- Power Supply – 12V DC input
- Dimensions – 220 x 105 x 44mm
- Weight – Net: 1.64 kg; gross: 2.54 kg with 12V/5A adapter,2.69 kg with 12V/7A adapter
- Temperature Range – 0°C ~ +40°C
- 0.5 Grms/ 5 ~ 500Hz / operation (2.5″ HDD)
- 1.5 Grms/ 5 ~ 500Hz / non operation
- 10 G peak acceleration (11 m sec. duration), operation
- 20 G peak acceleration (11 m sec. duration), non operation
- Certifications – FCC class B, CE class B
This type of system can be used for wireless gateway, SD-WAN, IPS, WAN Optimization, NFV and vCPE applications. FWS-2360 supports Intel QuickAssist Technology (QAT) built into to the Denverton processor, allowing faster encryption and data compression. The company also produces an entry-level alternative FWS-2273, based instead on Celeron N3350 Apollo Lake processor.
Pricing is not publicly available. Visit AAEON FWS-2360 or/and FWS-2273 product pages for more information.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.