AAEON has recently launched BOXER-6404 embedded box PC suitable to industrial application, powered by Intel Celeron J1900 “Bay Trail-D” or Celeron N2807 “Bay Trail-M” processor, with up to 8GB RAM, a CFast slot, four Gigabit Ethernet ports, and to HDMI outputs.
- System Memory – 1x 204-pin DDR3L SODIMM slot for up to 4GB RAM with N2807), and up to 8GB RAM with J1900
- Storage – CFast Slot
- Video and Audio Output – 1x or 2x HDMI ports
- Connectivity – 2x or 4x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB 3.0 port
- Serial – 1x RS232 DB9 port
- Expansion – 1x mini card with USB interface only
- Misc – Power button
- Power — 12V DC via lockable DC jack; ATX mode (optional for AT by jumper/BIOS settings)
- Dimensions – 166 x 107 x 30mm
- Weight – 1.3 kg
- Temperature Range – -30 to 65°C (N2807) with 0.5 m/s airflow
- Anti-vibration – 5 Grms/ 5 ~ 500Hz/ operation (CFast)
- Anti-shock – 50 G peak acceleration (11 msec. duration, CFastTM)
- MTBF – 152,670 hours
Four models of the fanless computer are available with combination of 1 or 2 HDMI ports, and 2 or 4 Ethernet ports. An optional VESA/Din-rail kit is also available for mounting it on walls. The device supports Windows 10/8.1/7, Windows Embedded 8/7, and Fedora Linux.
The embedded computer is available now at an undisclosed price. Documentation such as product brief and user’s manual, as well as drivers and BIOS download can be found on AAEON BOXER-6404 product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.