We reported about GIGABYTE MA10-ST0 motherboard powered by a 16-core Intel C3958 Denverton processor earlier this week, but that also corresponded to the official launch of Intel Denverton family, and many companies made announcements for their Denverton boards, products, or COM Express modules including SuperMicro, Kontron, Portwell, and others, such as Axiomtek NA362 Network Appliance powered by Atom C3538 or C3758 processors, and offering up to 10 LAN ports with six GbE RJ-45 ports, and up to four SFP+ cages.
- SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Atom C3538 quad core “Denverton” processor @ 2.10 GHz with 8MB cache; 15W TDP
- Intel Atom C3758 octa core “Denverton” processor @ 2.2 GHz with 16MB cache; 25W TDP
- System Memory – 2x or 4 x R-DIMM/U-DIMM non-buffer DDR4, up to 64/128GB
- Storage – 1x 2.5″ SATA3 HDD; 1x mSATA
- 6x 10/100/1000 Mbps RJ45 ports via Intel i210
- 4x 10 GbE SFP+ cages for C3758 model only
- One pair LAN Bypass
- Expansion – 1x PCI Express Mini Card for optional Wi-Fi/3G/LTE
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 port
- Management – 1x RS-232 (RJ45) console port
- Misc – Power & network Status LEDs, power switch
- Power Supply – 1x 12V/5A or 1x 12V/7A power adapter (depends on CPU SKU)
- Temperature Range – 0°C ~ +40°C
- Dimensions – 231 x 197 x 44 mm (1U desktop form factor)
- Weight – Net: 1.64 kg; gross: 2.54 kg with 12V/5A adapter,2.69 kg with 12V/7A adapter
- Certifications – FCC class B, CE class B
Atom C3538 SoC is equipped with two 10 GbE interface, but Axiomtek decided not to provide any SFP+ cages on the model based on this processor with only the six RJ45 ports.
The appliance supports the Intel Data Plane Development Kit (Intel DPDK), the Yocto Project, as well as Linux, Windows Server 2012 R2, and Windows Server 2016 operating systems. The server is said to be suitable for VPN, network bandwidth controller, firewall and UTM (Unified Threat Management) applications.
Axiomtek NA362 will be available in October 2017 through two SKUs: NA362-DAMI-C3758-US (C3758, 4x DIMM, 10 LAN) and NA362-D6GI-C3538-U (C3538, 2x DIMM, 6 LAN). Check out the product page for further information.