MediaTek unveiled Helio P60 Cortex A73/A53 processor with AI HW acceleration a few months ago, and we were promised smartphones would start selling in Q2 2018.
Mediatek’s partners seem to be right on schedule, as several MediaTek Helio P60 smartphones have now been announced, including UMIDIGI Z2 Pro, which we’ll cover in this post.
Specifications for UMIDIGI Z2 Pro smartphone:
- SoC – MediaTek Helio P60 big.LITTLE octa-core processor with four Arm Cortex-A73 up to 2.0 GHz, four Arm Cortex-A53 up to 2.0 GHz, Arm Mali-G72 MP3 GPU at 800MHz, and a multi-core AI processing unit
- System Memory – 6GB RAM
- Storage – 128GB flash, micro SD slot up to 256 GB
- Display – 6.2″ FHD+ (1080 x 2246) display with 403 PPI
- 16MP + 8MP rear camera, 5-element lens, Samsung sensor, dual LED flash, face recognition
- 16MP + 8MP front-facing camera, ƒ/2.0 aperture, Sony sensor, face recognition
- Video recordings – 4K, 1080p, 720p @ 30fps
- Audio – Mono speaker, dual microphone
- Networks & Connectivity
- Dual SIM slot with support Nano-SIM card and microSD expansion memory card
- 2G – GSM 2 /3 /5 /8; CDMA1X BC0,BC1
- 3G – EVDO BC0,BC1; WCDMA 1 /2 /4 /5 /8; TD-SCDMA 34 /39
- TDD-LTE 34 /38 /39 /40 /41
- FDD-LTE 1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /25 /26 /28A /28B
- Dual band 802.11 a/b/g/n WiFi
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Full-feature NFC, supports read/write, card emulation, and P2P
- Navigation & positioning – GPS & GLONASS
- Sensors – L+P (light + proximity) sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, geomagnetic sensor, fingerprint scanner
- Misc – Volume and power buttons
- Battery – Non-removable 3,650 mAh battery with fast charging (5/7/9V-2A – 18W) and wireless charging(15W) support
- Dimensions – 153.4 x 74.4 x 8.3 mm
- Weight – 165 g
The phone runs stock Android 8.1, and ships with a pre-applied screen protector, a translucent Case, a USB type-C cable, a headphone jack adapter, a power adapter, a SIM tray ejector, and a Quick Start Guide.
The AI processing allows for better photos in various conditions, and enables features such as face unlock.
UMIDIGI Z2 Pro smartphone will launch next month, but the company was unable to provide pricing at this stage. More details may be found on the product page.
The company has also launched an international giveaway for Z2 Pro’s little brother – Z2 model – with many of the same specifications, but an Helio X23 processor instead of Helio P60, and I’ve been told a Z2 Pro giveaway is planned for next month too.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.