TECHBASE has been making modular industrial computers based on hobbyist boards for several years with products like ModBerry M300 IoT Gateway.
ModBerry M500 is another of their model, powered by a Raspberry Pi 3 board and launched in 2016. The company has now upgraded the industrial gateway to Raspberry Pi 3 B+ board, and added PoE support in the process.
ModBerry M500 specifications:
- SoC – Broadcom BCM2837B0 quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 processor @ 1.4 GHz with VideoCore IV GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB micro SD card
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 1.4 and 3.5mm jack for CVBS (composite + stereo audio)
- Gigabit Ethernet (max 300 Mbps)
- Dual band 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 LE
- Optional Zigbee, LTE/3G, GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth cards
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Expansion I/Os
- 2x RS-232/RS-485
- 4x digital inputs, 4x digital outputs up to 30V DC
- 1x CAN
- Optional 4x Analog input; 18-bit resolution
- Optional ExCard I/O modules for more RS-232/485 ports, Ethernet ports, PCIe slots, analog input and output, digital I/Os, relays, M-Bus interface, and more
- Misc – RTC with battery, watchdog timer
- Power Supply
- 10~30V DC up to 1A
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Dimensions – 106 x 91 x 61 mm (ABS casing with DIN rail enclosure)
- Weight – 300 grams
- Operating Conditions – Temperature: -25 ~ 80°C; humidity: 5 ~ 95% RH (non-condensing)
The company provides an ever-expanding line of ExCard I/O modules, whose list you’ll find in the product brief. The industrial automation gateway runs firmware based on Linux Kernel 4.0, and supporting CODESYS automation software for control systems.
Modberry M500 can be purchased under the name NPE M500 on A2S.pl website. However, pricing is not public so you’d have to inquire with your exact requirements to get a quote.