Boot&Work Corp., S.L. is a company based in Catalonia that sells industrial automation electronic devices under “Industrial Shields” brand. What makes their product noticeable is that they all appear to be based on maker boards such as Arduino or Raspberry Pi.
The company offers various Arduino based PLC modules with or without Ethernet that can be controlled with 10.1″ industrial grade panel PCs based on ARM Linux development boards.
Currently three sub-families are available:
- HummTOUCH powered by Solidrun HummingBoard-i2 NXP i.MX 6Dual Lite board
- BANANATOUCH with either Banana Pi M64 (Allwinner A64 quad core Cortex A53) or Banana Pi M3 (Allwinner A83T octa core Cortex A7)
- TOUCHBERRY with Raspberry Pi model B or Raspberry Pi 3 model B
Beside the different processors, the 10.1″ Panel PCs share some of the same specifications:
- Display – 10.1″ resistive multitouch LVDS, 315 nits, 170° viewing angle, 1280×720 resolution
- Video Input – MIPI CSI connector (HummTouch only)
- System Memory – 512MB to
- HummTOUCH – 1 GB RAM
- BANANATOUCH – 2GB RAM
- BERRYTOUCH – 512MB RAM or 1GB LPDDR2
- All – micro SD slot
- BANANATOUCH – 8GB eMMC flash (16, 32, 64 GB optional)
- Fast or Gigabit Ethernet depending on model
- BANANATOUCH and BERRYTOUCH 3 – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x to 3x USB ports
- I/O Expansion – 8x GPIO, SPI, I2C, UART
- Power Supply – 12V DC; supports 7 – 18V DC input up to 1.5A
- Dimensions – 325.5 x 195.6 x 95 mm
- Compliance – CE
The user manual lists further details about environmental conditions, for example for HummTOUCH models:
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0 to 45°C; storage: -20 to 60 C
- Humidity – 10% to 90% (no condensation)
- Ambient Environment – With no corrosive gas
- Shock resistance – 80m/s2 in the X, Y and Z direction 2 times each.
There’s no information about Ingress Protection (IP) ratings, so it’s safe to assume those have not been tested for dust- and waterproofness.
The company also have smaller 3.5″ and 3.7″ model based on Raspberry Pi 3 board only. HummTOUCH models are available with either Linux or Android, BANANATOUCH and BERRYTOUCH models are only sold with Linux (Raspbian), but Ubuntu, Android and Windows 10 IoT are options if they are supported by the respective board.
The 10.1″ panel PCs are sold for 375 to 460 Euros, and the Arduino based PLCs start at 135 Euros. Documentation and purchase links can all be found on Industrial Shields website.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.