Wemos is popular for their low cost WiFi board based on Espressif SoCs. Their most popular board is ESP8266 based Wemos D1 mini thanks to its compact form factor, low price ($5 shipped), and available add-on boards.
But they’ve also launched some ESP32 in the last year or so with development boards such as Wemos LOLIN32 Lite. Their latest ESP32 board – LOLIN D32 Pro v2.00 – features ESP32-WROVER module, and beside exposing I/Os via breadboard compatible headers, also offers a micro SD card slot, a TFT display connector, and an I2C header.
LOLIN D32 Pro specifications:
- Wireless module – ESP32-WROVER 802.11 b/g/n WiFi + Bluetooth 4.1 LE module with 4MB Flash, 4MB PSRAM
- Storage – micro SD card slot supporting SPI mode
- Display I/F – TFT display connector
- USB – 1x micro USB port for programming and power
- 2x 16-pin headers with GPIOs, SPI, I2C, UART, ADC, DAC, TFT, VP/VN, and power signals (3.3V/GND, BAT)
- I2C header
- Power Supply
- 5V via micro USB port
- Lithium battery interface (PH-2 2.0mm) up to 500mA charging current
- Dimensions – 65 x 25.4 mm
- Weight – About 8 grams
The board is listed as compatible with Arduino and MicroPython – the two most popular, and well supported firmware – but should support other alternative firmware as well. LOLIN D32 Pro ships with MicroPython firmware by default. The schematics and CH340G drivers can be found in the Wiki.
Wemos LOLIN D32 Pro V2.0.0 board is sold for $8.80 + shipping (around $4 here) on Aliexpress. You’d think the company would also provide a TFT display module to fit nicely into their TFT connector, but I could not find any on their Aliexpress store, maybe it’s coming later. In the meantime, you would have to “cook” something yourself possibly using Loboris’ ESP32 TFT library together with a supported TFT display module based on ILI9341, ILI9488, ST7789V or ST7735 display controller. [Update: Actually one of the displays for Wemos D1 mini comes with such female TFT connector, and all you need if an extra cable also sold by Wemos. See comments for links and details.]
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|