Microchip has recently announced new SAM L10 and SAM L11 Arm Cortex-M23 MCU families, with the SAM L11 family featuring Arm TrustZone for Armv8-M that provides hardware isolation between certified libraries, IP and application code.
- Arm Cortex M23 Core @ 32 MHz
- Up to 64 KB Flash and 16 KB SRAM
- picoPower Technology
- less than 25 μA/MHz in active mode
- less than 100 nA in sleep mode
- Fast wakeup time: 1.5 μS
- Flexible power saving features
- Enhanced Peripheral Touch Controller (PTC) with improved water tolerance, noise immunity and responsiveness
- Security (for SAM L11 only)
- Chip-level tamper resistance
- Arm TrustZone technology
- Secure boot
- Secure bootloader
- Crypto accelerators
- Secure key storage
- Op amp ADC and DAC
- Package – VQFN32, TQFP32, WLCSP32, VQFN24, SSOP24
Microchip SAM L10 MCU achieved a ULPMark score of 405, or over 200 percent better performance compared to the nearest competitor certified by EEMBC (Embedded Microprocessor Benchmark Consortium).
The SAM L11 adds security features like Arm TrustZone, crypto accelerators for Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), Galois Counter Mode (GCM) and Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA), secure boot and secure key storage with tamper detection capabilities in order to establish a hardware root of trust, as well as secure bootloader for secure firmware upgrades.
Target applications include wearables, low power game controllers, appliances with capacitive touch, IoT & security applications, general purpose embedded control. among others.
Microchip also provides SAM L10/L11 Xplained Pro development kits with either MCU, expansion headers, a MicroBus socket, user buttons & LEDs, debug USB and header, a current measurement header and so on.
Several software developments tools are available for the MCU and devkits including:
- IDE – Atmel Studio 7, IAR Embedded Workbench or Arm Keil MDK IDE’s
- Software Framwork – Atmel START / START Trustzone Manager
- Security – Trustonic Kinibi-M security framework, secure Thingz Key Provisioning
- Power Consumption Monitoring/Debugging – Power Debugger and Data Visualizer
- Touch Tools – QTouch Configurator, QTouch Modular Library
Touch, 2D Touch Surface Library
SAM L10 and SAM L11 devices are available today with prices starting at $1.09 and $1.22 each respectively for 10,000 unit orders. SAM L10 and SAM L11 Xplained Pro Evaluation Kits can be purchased for $58.00 each.
You’ll find further details on the MCU family product page, and the evaluation kits product page here and there. Enough information, and you just want to buy a kit? You can do so directly on MicrochipDIRECT website.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|