Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is the successor of Xiaomi Mi A1 smartphone, which will also run the latest Android 8 Oreo firmware, and receive regular firmware updates for at least 18 months since it’s part of Android One program.
Mi A2 Lite phone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 3 to 4GB RAM, and 32 to 64GB storage. It will officially be announced on July 24th together with its big brother Xiaomi Mi A2 powered by Snapdragon 660 processor and a larger 5.99″ display, but some companies are already taking pre-order with Banggood starting at $199.99, and GeekBuying offering it for $181.99 shipped and up..
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa core Arm Cortex A53 processor @ up to 2.0 GHz with Adreno 506 GPU
- System Memory – 3GB or 4GB RAM
- Storage – 32GB or 64GB RAM, micro SD card slot up to 256GB
- Display – 5.84″ capacitive touchscreen with 2280×1080 resolution (FHD+), 19:9 aspect ratio
- Audio – Built-in microphone and speaker. 3.5mm audio jack? I guess not, if I understand “Audio output:Yes (Charging mouth interoperability)” correctly 🙂
- Cellular Connectivity
- Dual Nano SIM Card dual standby
- 2G – GSM B2/B3/B5/B8
- 3G – WCDMA B1/B2/B5/B8
- 4G: FDD LTE B1/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B20, TDD- LTE B38/B40
- Wireless Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS + GLONASS,
- Camera – 12.0MP + 5.0MP rear camera, 5.0 MP front-facing camera
- USB – 1x USB type C port
- Sensors – Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Distance sensor, Electronic compass, Infrared, Ambient light sensor, Vibration motor
- Misc – Power and volume buttons
- Battery – 4,000 mAh
- Dimensions – 149.33 x 71.68 x 8.75mm
- Weight – 178 grams
The hardware is pretty similar to Xiaomi Mi A1 phone, except the display is slightly large (5.84″ vs 5.5″) and comes with a notch for the camera, the audio jack appears to be gone (TBC), and the battery is larger (4,000mAh vs 3,000 mAh).
The phone should not come with MIUI 9.0 user interface, but instead stock Android with some extra apps from Xiaomi since it’s part of Android One program. I’m keeping a list of firmware updates in Xiaomi Mi A1 long term review, and in most case I receive a security update every month. I started using the phone with Android 7.1.2, and it has been updated to Android 8.1.0. I had not received any update since May 30, 2018, but today I tapped on check updates, and the phone was updated to Android 8.1.0 with Linux 3.18.71. Normally this is automatic, and I don’t need to check for updates myself. So far, I’ve received 12 firmware updates since September 2017.
The phone ships with a USB cable, a case?, an eject pin, and a power adapter.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
7 Replies to “Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Android One Phone Now Up for Pre-order for $181.99 and up”
I like this phone and I was considering getting it.. but it’s a bit overpriced (which I feel cynically is b/c of the notch :/). The Redmi Note 5 just seems like a way better deal all around. A much better camera, a better processor, bluetooth5/quick-charge/fm-radio etc. and official LineageOS support. I honestly really like how this phone looks (it’s very sleek in person) and I rather have a smaller phone and USB-C, but it’s a bit hard to justify it at the price they’re asking for
Android One phones are always a bit more expensive.
The “generic” Chinese version (the Redmi 6 Pro) is at the same price (999 RMB or ~150 USD)
Does anyone know if the second sim can do just 2g or also 3g or how recently I spotted dual volte?
Official launch done, and Xiaomi Mi A2 / A2 Lite are now listed on Mi website @ https://www.mi.com/en/mi-a2/ and https://www.mi.com/en/mi-a2-lite/
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite promotion on GearVita @ https://gearvita.com/xiaomi-mi-a2-lite-5-84-inch-4g-smartphone-global-version.html
$154.99 for 3GB/32GB version with A2Lite-32 coupon
$178.98 for 4GB/64GB version with A2Lite-64 coupon
Xiaomi Mi A2 & A2 Lite kernel source code has been added to https://github.com/MiCode/Xiaomi_Kernel_OpenSource