Rockchip RK3326 and RK3308 are the first Arm Cortex A35 processors from the company, and are designed for smart AI solutions such as smart speakers and smart displays. It turns out RK3326 processor has a sibling called Rockchip PX30 with most of the same features, but with dual VOP (Video Output Processor) support to handle up to two independent displays, as well as an Ethernet MAC and a USB host block.
Rockchip RK30 key features and specifications:
- CPU – Quad-core Arm Cortex-A35
- GPU – Mali-G31 MP2 GPU
- Memory I/F – DDR4/DDR3/DDR3L/LPDDR3/LPDDR2
- Storage I/F – MLC NAND, eMMC 4.51, Serial Nor FLASH
- 1080p H.265/H.264/VC-1/MPEG/VP8 video decoder
- 1080p H.264/VP8 video encoder
- Display Interfaces – MIPI-DSI/LVDS/RGB interface, dual VOP
- Audio I/F – 1x8ch I2S/TDM, 1x8ch PDM, 2x2ch I2S
- Camera I/F – MIPI CSI and DVP; built-in 8MP ISP
- Networking – 10/100M Ethernet
- Other Peripherals – SDIO3.0, USB2.0 HOST & OTG, 4x I2C, 6x UART, 2x SPI, 8x PWM
You’ll find many more technical details in PX30 datasheet.
I found about the new processor after being informed about one of the first hardware with RK3326 processor: Mekede MKD-F756 car infortaiment system running Android 8.1 and found on Alibaba. But when I looked for RK3326 on Aliexpress I could see three car systems with “RK3326 PX30”. Since Rockchip launched some PX processors in the past, I quickly found out Rockchip PX30 was also a processor from the company which I missed earlier.
The exact specifications vary from product to product, but typically PX30 car infotainment systems come with 2GB RAM, 16GB storage, a 7″ display with 1024×600 resolution, GPS location, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, optional 3G/4G support, and radio support with some models support DAB (Digital Audio Broadcast).
You’ll find a dozen models on Aliexpress with price starting at just under $200 shipped. All run Android 8.1, but Rockchip recently announced Android 9.0 Pie support for RK3399, RK3368H, RK3288, and other processors including RK3326, so maybe Rockchip PX30 might also get the update.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|