Launched several years ago, Rockchip RK3399 is now a mature platform found in Chromebooks, some laptops, SBCs, and various other products. Estone Technology offers something a little different with MJ-100 rugged tablet with a 10.1″ display, IP65 waterproof rating, MIL-STD-810G shock & drop resistance, as well as ESD protection.
The Android 7.1 tablet also comes with up to 4GB RAM, up to 256GB flash storage, 4G LTE connectivity, GPS / GLONASS support, and some unique features like sealed IO ports, an optional 1D/2D barcode reader, or an optional medical grade power supply.
Estone MJ-100 rugged tablet specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3399 big.LITTLE hexacore processor with 2x Arm Cortex A72 cores @ 1.8 GHz, 4x Cortex A53 core @ 1.8 GHz, Arm Mali-T860MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB LPDDR4 RAM (Optional: 4GB)
- Storage – 64GB, 128GB or 256 GB of eMMC 5.1 flash, micro SD/SDXC/SDGC/SD3.0 card slot up to 64GB
- Display – 10.1″ IPS, 1920 x 1200 resolution; 250nit brightness; 10-point capacitive multi-touch; chemically hardened cover glass
- Video Output – HDMI output
- Audio – Built-in microphone, 1x 1.0W speaker, 3.5mm (4-pole) audio jack
- 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi 5, and Bluetooth 4.0
- Optional 4G LTE M.2 module
- GNSS – Ublox 7 GPS module
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port @ 1A
- Camera – 2MP front-facing camera / webcam; 8MP rear camera with auto-focus
- Sensors – Gyroscope
- Optional built-in 1D/2D (QR) Barcode Reader
- Docking port for charging and USB
- Power and volume buttons
- Battery – 30Wh/8,000mAh Li-ion Polymer battery good for about 10 hours
- Power Supply – 12V DC charging via 5.5mm power barrel connector
- Dimensions – 227 x 193 x 18.8 (mm)
- Weight – 1.05 kg
- IP65 Waterproof
- Drop Rate – 4 feet (1.2 meter) drop resistant – Corners on Plywood (MIL-STD-810G)
- Shock Resistant – MIL-STD-810G, method 516.6, procedure 1
- ESD Protection – 4KV Touch, 8KV Air
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0-50°C; storage: -20-60°C
- Certifications – RoHS, FCC, IATA for international shipping
The tablet runs Android 7.1, and ships with a power supply, and optionally a docking port to use as a panel PC. The display also comes with AR (anti-reflective), AG (anti-glare) and AF (anti-fingering) coating, and anti-microbial coating is also offered as an option. The tablet particularly targets transportation, logistics, and field services.
The company has just announced test samples of the Estone MJ-100 tablet are now available, and ready for review / evaluation. Pricing is not known yet, but if you represent a company that could make use of this rugged tablet, and want to evaluate one, you can follow the instructions to receive (and return) the sample here. Further details can be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|