UNISOC has launched a new processor for AIoT (Artificial Intelligence + IoT) applications with V5663 dual-core Cortex-M33 processor, supports for dual-band WiFi 5, Bluetooth 5.1, and audio features such as a voice activity detector and microphone array support which should make it ideal for smart speakers, and other smart audio applications.
- Arm Cortex-M33 processor @ 442 MHz with TrustZone, 32KB I-cache, 32KB D-Cache for application code
- Arm Cortex-M33 processor @ 416 MHz for WiFI and Bluetooth
- Memory – Built-in SRAM + external PSRAM interface
- Storage – eMMC, SDXC interfaces
- Connectivity –
- Audio – Voice Activity Detector (VAD), PDM and I2S/PCM interfaces
- USB 2.0 / 3.0, eMMC
- I2C, SPI, HS SPI, UART
- GPIO, PWM
- Touch and push-button interfaces
- Aux ADC
- Debugging – JTAG
- Security – Crypto Acceleration, eFuse, ARM PSA security architecture certification: PSA Level 1, on-going PSA Level 2
- Manufacturing – 22nm process
UNISOC also worked on AILIGO development framework for the processor/board and will launch a community in the next few weeks. The framework is based on an RTOS (FreeRTOS?) with a communication stack, audio library and driver, power management. and so on.
There’s no product page that I could find at this stage. It’s not the first WiFi 5 + Bluetooth 5 processor from the company, as we previously covered IVY5661 board following 96Boards IoT Edition specifications.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.