But it turns out the company has other devices based on a “new” Amlogic S905C1 processor, namely two hybrid set-top boxes running Android TV and equipped with either a DVB-T2 tuner (digital terrestrial TV) or a DVB-C tuner (cable).
- SoC – Amlogic S905C1 quad-core Arm Cortex-A55 processor @ up to 2.0 GHz with Arm Mali-G31MP2 @ 850 MHz supporting OpenGL ES3.2, Vulkan 1.1 and OpenCL 2.0, and optional 1.2 TOPS NN inference accelerator
- System Memory – 2GB DDR memory (options: 1GB or 4GB)
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash (options: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB)
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.1 up to 4K @ 60+Hz with CEC & HDCP2.2, AV output with composite video and stereo audio
- Video Playback
- H.265 HEVC MP-10 up to 4K @ 75fps
- VP9 up to 4K @ 75fps
- AVS2-P2 up to 4K @ 75fps
- H.264 AVC up to 4K @ 30fps
- MPEG1/2/4 ASP, WMV/VC-1, RealVideo8/9/10,
- HDR – HDR 10, HLG, PRIME HDR, TCH PRIME, optional HDR10+, optional Dolby Vision
- DRM – Google Widevine & Microsoft PlayReady; options: Verimatrix, Irdeto MSR2.2, Nagra TKL
- DV8845-T2 – DVB-T2/T tuner with (UHF) 474MHz to 858MHz frequency range, 75Ω input impedance, and the following demodulation support: QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM, 256QAM
- DV8845-C – DVB-C tuner with 111 to 862MHz frequency range, 75Ω input impedance, and the following demodulation support: 16QAM, 32QAM 64QAM, 128QAM, 256QAM.
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet (optional Gigabit Ethernet), Wi-Fi 4 802.11 a/b/g/n or optional WiFi 5 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – Power button; Power, IR & Network LEDs; IR receiver
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via DC jack
- Dimensions – 120 x 120 x 28mm
Amlogic S905C1 looks very similar to S905X3, but Amlogic has no product page for this processor just yet. There’s virtually no information on the net at the time of writing, except for a tweet made during ICB2019 saying the processor will be used for Google Android TV hybrid set-top box solutions.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.