SEI Robotics has showcased a new device at CES 2019 that looks like a smart speaker, and SEI 520 is indeed a smart speaker with Google Assistant support, but it also adds a digital TV tuner and a quad-core Cortex A53 processor running Android TV 9.0 operating system to allow you to watch live TV, and stream videos.
- SoC – Quad core Arm Cortex-A53 processor, possibly Amlogic S905X2
- System Memory – 2GB RAM
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash
- Video Output – HDMI up to 4K UHD
- Video Decode – VP9 and H.265/HEVC
- Output – HDMI audio + optical S/PDIF
- Input – Far-field microphone
- Speaker – No technical details provided
- Connectivity – Ethernet, 2T2R MIMO WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0
- Tuner – DVB-S2X/T2/C, ATSC, ISDBT
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – IR blaster
- Power Supply – 12V DC via power barrel jack
That’s all we know for now, and availability and pricing information is yet to be announced. There’s a product page, but you won’t find much more details at this time. In may be worth mentioning that SEI Robotics is the company behind Google ADT-2 Android TV Dongle for developers, so there’s always a chance SEI-520 becomes an official Google product.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.