Intel unveiled Intel Comet Lake processors last summer with two sub-family namely the 15W Comet Lake-U processors and the lower power 7W Comet Lake-Y processors. We’ve found the latter in products such as OneMix 3 Pro mini laptop, and the former in some System76 Linux laptops.
But so far, I had not really paid attention to Comet Lake mini PCs. There have been a few announcements at CES 2020 with Asus “Mini PC PN62“, ECS Liva Z3 Plus, ZOTAC MI662 nano and a few others all based on Intel Comet Lake-U processors.
GIGABYTE has also unveiled four Comet Lake mini PC’s with the following key features and specifications:
- BRIX BRi3H-10110 – Intel Core i3-10110U dual-core/quad-thread processor @ 2.1/4.2 GHz (Turbo) with 23EU Intel UHD Graphics; 15W TDP
- BRIX BRi5H-10210 – Intel Core i5-10210U quad-core/octa-thread processor @ 1.6/4.2 GHz (Turbo) with 24EU Intel UHD Graphics; 15W TDP
- BRIX BRi7H-10510 – Intel Core i7-10510U quad-core/octa-thread processor @ 1.8/4.9 GHz (Turbo) with 24EU Intel UHD Graphics; 15W TDP
- BRIX BRi7H-10710 – Intel Core i7-10710U hexa-core/deca-thread processor @ 1.1/4.7 GHz (Turbo) with 24EU Intel UHD Graphics; 15W TDP
- System Memory – 2x SO-DIMM for up to 64GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz
- Storage – SATA III interface for 2.5″ HDD/SSD, 7.0/9.5 mm thick
- Video Output – Dual HDMI 2.0 up to 4K/60P
- Audio – Realtek ALC255 codec, 3.5mm headphone/mic jack
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, Intel Wireless-AC 3168 card with dual-band WiFi 5 & Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 6x USB 3.2 Gen 2 including one USB Type-C port
- Serial – RS232
- Expansion – Support for add-on cards for 2nd Ethernet port or extra RS232 COM port
- Misc – Power button, Kensington lock slot
- Power Supply – DC 19.5V/6.92A via power barrel jack
- Dimensions – 119.5 x 119.5 x 46.8 mm
The mini PC ships with VESA Mount bracket (75 x75 mm, 100 x 100 mm) and the company provides BIOS and drivers for Windows 10 64-bit. Linux distributions might also work.
There’s no word about availability and pricing, which should not be surprising as most Comet Lake mini PC’s are not for sale just yet. The only exceptions are Intel NUC 10 Mini PCs such as Intel NUC10i5FNHJA desktop computer that goes for close to $800 with a Core i5-10210U processor, 8GB RAM, 16 Optabe SSD, and 1TB hard drive, as well as Intel BXNUC10i7FNK Core i7-10710U 6-Core NUC Mini PC selling for $650 barebone.
More details can be found in BRIX product page with the four models covered here being the first four out of the 42 models listed.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.