French startup MMPhygital has developed EasyDK (Easy Digital Key) open-source, Python-based cloud media platform designed for Raspberry Pi 3 & 4 SBC’s that allows users to manage and view media content from local storage or cloud storage (2GB free) using a web management interface.
The solution acts as a media center with the interface providing access to movies, video streaming, and photos, but you can also display documents such as Microsoft Office files or PDF presentations.
Other features include:
- Dynamic display – manage a network of connected screens remotely (similar to Digital Signage solution)
- Remote office- Connect to a remote computer using AnyDesk plugin
- Add-Ons – Add your own module
- Cloud management – Control EasyDK remotely using the cloud platform to deploy media, launch content automatically, etc..
- BLE / IP remote control – Use your smartphone as a Bluetooth or IP remote control
- Wireless external hard drive
- Secure Internet Access Point – Deploy a Wi-Fi or 4G internet access point from your Raspberry Pi board.
If you’d like to give it a try, a Raspbian based EasyDK firmware mage can be installed on a 16GB Micro SD card. You can check the source code, and especially deploy.sh script on their repository. Deploy.sh script installs a bunch a common packages for networking & Bluetooth, Chromium with DRM support and the company’s totemhome plugin, AnyDesk package, Flask interface Python development framework, etc…
It’s free to use with 2GB free storage on “IO Constellation” and up to 3 Raspberry Pi boards running EasyDK, but if you need more storage, a larger fleet, and extra features and support Start and Professional packages are available. Unless I missed something, pricing is not made public and you’d need to contact the company for a quote, More details can be found on the website.