Last year, we covered Dakota DR40x9 Wave-2 AC router board powered by Qualcomm IPQ4019 or IPQ4029 quad-core Cortex-A7 WiSoC, but there’s now a new Qualcomm based embedded SBC supporting WiFi 6.
DR6018 (aka AP.CP01 or just CP01) is powered by Qualcomm IPQ6018 quad-core Cortex-A53 WiSoC with 802.11ax WiFi 6, six Ethernet ports including five Gigabit Ethernet, and one 2.5 GbE port, as well an M.2 expansion socket.
- SoC – Qualcomm Atheros IPQ6018 quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 processor @ 1.8 GHz apparently part of Qualcomm Networking Pro 400 platform; 14nm FinFET process
- System Memory – 1GB (2x 512MB) DDR3L 16-bit interface with 32-bit memory bus design
- Storage – 256MB NAND Flash, 32MB NOR flash, SD card slot
- 5x Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 1x 2.5Gbps Ethernet port
- 2×2 2.4GHz MU-MIMO OFDMA 802.11b/g/n/ax WiFi 6, max 23dBm per chain
- 2×2 5GHz MU-MIMO OFDMA 802.11a/n/ac/ax WiFi 6, max 20dBm per chain
- 4x U.FL antenna connectors
- 2.4 GHz data rate up to 573 Mbps
- 5 GHz data rate up to 1201 Mbps
- Bluetooth – Footprint for Bluetooth module
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 Type-C port, optional USB 2.0 Type-A port
- 1x M.2 (NGFF) “E Key” socket with MiniPCIe 3.0
- FFC/FPC Connector for LED
- Mini USB 2.0 port for Bluetooth debugging
- Debugging – 20-pin JTAG header for loader and firmware, 4-pin header for serial console.
- Misc – Reset button, switch for boot config, switch for auth enable
- Power Supply – 12VDC via DC jack input
- Dimensions – 218 x 150 x 16.5 mm (without heatsink)
The board apparently runs the older OpenWRT 14.07 Barrier Breaker firmware, and Qualcomm SDK is provided with QCA binary drivers
Typical applications include 802.11ax MU-MIMO OFDMA Access Point, mesh router supporting EasyMesh, and Smart AP with TWT (Target Wake Time) to extend the battery life of clients which may be especially useful for IoT projects.
I was initially contacted by Wallys Communications (Suzhou) about the DR6018 board, and they explained to me they have samples for test purposes only and will install an EMC shield during mass production. You may find more details and contact the company via the product page.
But I also found the board sold by Singapore based Compex under the name AP.CP01 or just CP01. They have some more documentation on their product page where the board is sold for $495.00, and CP01 WiFI 6 Embedded SBC is also listed on Codico website for 389 Euros.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|