Most e-paper displays are black or white with sometimes red or yellow color being added to the mix. But E-Ink has recently launched several color e-Paper display at prices that will not make it affordable to most projects.
Waveshare has launched its fair share of e-Paper displays in the past, and now the company is coming with a relatively affordable 5.65″ color e-Paper display with seven different colors for $74.99 plus shipping.
- 5.65″ display (114.9 × 85.8mm)
- Resolution – 600 × 448 pixels
- Viewing angle – >170°
- ACeP (Advanced Color ePaper) 7-color with black, white, green, blue, red, yellow, and orange
- Greyscale – 2 levels
- Full refresh time – 15s
- Dot pitch – 0.1915 × 0.1915mm
- Host Interface – 3-wire SPI or 4-wire SPI
- Operating voltage – 3.3V/5V
- Power Consumption
- 50mW (typ.) during refresh
- Standby current – <0.01uA (almost none)
- Dimensions – Board – 138.5 × 100.5mm
If the sample above is not photoshopped, the results are fairly impressive with only seven colors and a greyscale level of 2. The company claims examples for Raspberry Pi, Jetson Nano, Arduino, and STM32 will be provided in the Wiki once it’s updated.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.