While we reported earlier AMD Ryzen Embedded V2000 is coming later this year, companies are still launching boards with the previous generation AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 or R1000 processors.
ICP Germany has just announced four AMD Ryzen Embedded Mini-ITX boards with gKINO-V1000 boards equipped with either Ryzen Embedded V1202B or V1605B and gKINO-R1000 SBC’s coming with either Ryzen Embedded R1505G or R1606G processors.
gKINO-V1000/R1000 key features and specifications:
- gKINO-V1605B-R10 SBC – AMD Ryzen Embedded V1605B quad-core processor @ 2.0 / 3.6 GHz with 2MB cache, Radeon Vega8 GPU; 12-25W TDP
- gKINO-V1202B-R10 SBC – AMD Ryzen Embedded V1202B dual-core processor @ 2.3 / 3.2 GHz with 1MB cache, Radeon Vega3 GPU; 12-25W TDP
- gKINO-R1606B-R10 SBC – AMD Ryzen Embedded R1606G dual-core processor @ 2.6 / 3.5 GHz with 1MB cache, Radeon Vega3 GPU; 12-25W TDP
- gKINO-R1605B-R10 SBC – AMD Ryzen Embedded R1505G dual-core processor @ 2.4 / 3.3 GHz with 1MB cache, Radeon Vega3 GPU; 12-25W TDP
- System Memory – 2x SO-DIMM DDR4 2400MHz up to 64GB (ECC support)
- Storage – 1x SATA 3.0 with 5V/12V output; M.2 socket for SATA/NVMe SSD (see Expansion section); flash for AMI BIOS
- Display Output
- gKINO-V1000 – 4x DisplayPort up to 4K UHD 3840×2160 resolution
- gKINO-R1000 – 3x DisplayPort up to 4K UHD 3840×2160 resolution
- Realtek ALC662 HD audio codec
- 2x 6W audio amplifier L+R Digital out onboard (SPDIF output)
- 2x audio jacks (line-out, mic-in)
- 2x 5-pin front audio header
- Networking – 2x Gigabit Ethernet via RTL8111GN
- USB – 2x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.2 Gen1 (5Gb/s), 8-pin header with 2x USB 2.0, 10-
- Serial – 2x RS-232 DB9 connectors, 2x 4-pin RS-232 (support Cctalk, TTL), 10-pin header with RS-232
- Other I/Os – 4-pin SMBus header, 4-pin I2C header, 10-pin header with 8 digital I/O
- 1x PCIe x16 slot (with x8 Gen 3.0 signal)
- 1x M.2 2242/2280 M key (PCIe x2/SATA)
- Security – 20-pin TPM 2.0 connector (optional Nuvoton NPCT750AAAYX TPM 2.0 chip), intrusion detection pin
- Misc – Front Panel connector, Ethernet LED, Watchdog timer, 2x fan connectors
- Power Supply – 12V DC input via 4-pin external DC jack or internal 4-pin power connector (Supports AT/ATX mode)
- Power Consumption
- 12V @ 5.144A (61.73W) with AMD Ryzen V1605B 2.0GHz CPU with 2666 MHz 32GB DDR4 memory
- 12V @ 5.146A (61.75W) with AMD Ryzen R1606G 2.6GHz CPU with 2666 MHz 32GB DDR4 memory
- Dimensions – 170 x 170mm (Mini-ITX form factor)
- Weight – 400 grams
- Temperature Range – Storage: -10°C ~ 70°C; operating: 0°C ~ 60°C
- Humidity – 5% ~ 95%, non-condensing
- CE/FCC compliant
The board is designed for industrial PC systems, image and video processing, Panel PC and embedded systems, as well as gaming. ICP does not mention anything about software, but we should expect support for Windows and Linux operating systems.
There’s an “IEI” sticker on the fan, and as noted by LinuxGizmos “the board appears to be manufactured by IEI, which distributes its systems in Europe via ICP”. You’ll find all four boards on ICP website with sample pricing apparently available after login (but registration failed for me).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.