Taiwan based DFI has launched the AL05P “Industrial Pi + PoE” 2.5-inch Pico-ITX SBC powered by an Apollo Lake processor that reminds me of last year’s DFI GHF51 SBC based on AMD Ryzen Embedded R1606G processor but with a larger, and more standard form factor that’s also part of the “Industrial Pi” family.
The board also comes with 4GB RAM, up to 64GB eMMC, a mini DisplayPort video output, two USB 3.1 ports, Gigabit Ethernet with isolated PoE, a mini-PCIe, and more.
- SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Atom x5-E3940 quad-core processor @ 1.6/1.8 GHz with 2MB cache, Intel HD Graphics; 9.5W TDP
- Intel Atom x5-E3930 dual-core processor @ 1.3/1.8 GHz with 2MB cache, Intel HD Graphics; 6.5W TDP
- Intel Pentium N4200 quad-core processor @ 1.1/2.5 GHz with 2MB cache, Intel HD Graphics; 6W TDP
- Intel Celeron N3350 dual-core processor @ 1.1/2.4 GHz with 2MB cache, Intel HD Graphics6W TDP
- System Memory – Up to 4GB DDR4 single channel @ 2400MHz
- Storage – 16GB/32GB/64GB eMMC flash, 128Mbit SPI flash (supports UEFI boot only)
- Video Output – Mini DP++ up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz
- HW Decode – H.264, MPEG2, VC1, VP8, H.265, MPEG4
- HW Encode – H.264, MPEG2, MPEG4
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port via Intel I211AT or I210IT PCIe controller
- USB – 2x USB 3.1 Gen1 ports, 2x USB 2.0 interfaces via 1.27mm pitch
- 1x Full-size Mini PCIe (PCIe/USB 2.0, optional USB 3.1 Gen1/USB 2.0)
- 1x RS-232/422/485 1.27mm pitch header
- 1x 8-bit DIO header
- 1x SMBus header
- Security – TPM 2.0
- Misc – RTC + CR2032 coin cell battery, watchdog timer, system reset
- Power Supply – 12V DC header or 48V DC via PoE with 0.5KV isolation
- Power Consumption
- Typical: E3950:12V @ 0.33A (3.96Watt)
- Max: E3950:12V @ 1.76A (21.12Watt)
- Dimensions – 100 x 72 mm (2.5″ Pico-ITX form factor)
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0 to 60°C, -20 to 70°C; storage: -40 to 85°C
- Humidity – Operating: 5 to 90% RH; storage: 5 to 90% RH
There are other Intel Apollo Lake Pico-ITX SBCs on the market, including Axiomtek PICO317 and Kontron pITX-APL V2.0, but DFI AL05P is the first one we’ve seen with PoE support.
DFI AL05P has launched, but the company did not provide pricing information, nor clear availability details, except it will be available until Q4 2031. More information may be found on the products page and datasheet. You’ll also find DFI AL051 SBC on the former link, a board similar to AL05P without PoE, but including three display interfaces (mDP++, VGA, LVDS), and adding an M.2 socket, a SATA port, and an extra Gigabit Ethernet port. It is sold on Amazon for around $320.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
4 Replies to “2.5-inch “Industrial Pi” Pico-ITX SBC offers PoE , mini DP++ port”
For “industrial” applications, it really needs an additional RJ45 ethernet.
Q4 2031? or Q4 2021?
Those industrial board usually have long term support. That means the company intends to sell it until at least Q4 2031.
Ціни на плати, чи продаються