MediaTek has just unveiled not one, but two premium 5G SoC’s with Dimensity 1100 and Dimensity 1200 octa-core processors with the latter including an “Ultra” Arm Cortex-A78 clocked at up to 3GHz.
Both chipsets are manufactured on TSMC’s advanced 6nm process technology, offer 5G connectivity up to 4.7Gbps download speed, and improvement in terms of performance, and camera compared to the earlier Dimensity 1000+ processor.
MediaTek Dimensity 1100 and Dimensity 1200 share many of the same specifications:
- DImensity 1100
- 4x Arm Cortex-A78 @ up to 2.6GHz
- 4x Arm Cortex-A55 @ up to 2GHz
- DImensity 1200
- 1x ultra-core Arm Cortex-A78 @ up to 3GHz
- 3x Arm Cortex-A78 cores
- 4x Arm Cortex-A55 cores @ up to 2GHz
- DImensity 1100
- GPU – Arm Mali-G77 MC9
- AI accelerator – Six-core MediaTek APU 3.0
- Video Playback – H.264, H.265 / HEVC, VP-9, AV1
- Video Encoding – H.264, H.265 / HEVC
- Memory – Up to 16GB LPDDR4x @ 4266 Mbps
- Storage – UFS 3.1
- Display – Up to 2520 x 1080 @ 144Hz (Dimentsite 110) or @ 168 Hz (Dimensity 1200)
- Dimensity 1100 – Up to 32MP + 16MP, 108MP
Dimensity 1200 – Up to 32MP + 16MP, 200MP
Resolution up to 3840 x 2160
- Camera Features – HDR-ISP (3+2) / Video HDR / Video NR / Video Bokeh / Video EIS / AI-Shutter / AI-AE / AI-AF / AI-AWB / AI-NR HDR / AI-HDR / AI-FD
- 2G / 3G / 4G / 5G Multi-Mode modem
- Technologies – 4G Carrier Aggregation (CA), 5G Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), EDGE, 4G FDD / TDD, 5G FDD / TDD, GSM, TD-SCDMA, WDCDMA
- Functions – SA & NSA modes; SA Option2, NSA Option3 / 3a / 3x, NR TDD Band, NR FDD Band, DSS, NR DL 2CC, 200 MHz bandwidth, 4×4 MIMO, 256QAM NR UL 2CC, 2×2 MIMO, 256QAM VoNR / EPS fallback
- Peak Speed – Download:4.7Gbps; upload: 2.5Gbps
- WiFi 6 (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax) with 2T2R antenna
- Bluetooth 5.2, ready for Bluetooth LE Audio
- GNSS – GPS L1CA+L5 / BeiDou B1I+ B2a / Glonass L1OF / Galileo E1 + E5a / QZSS L1CA+ L5 / NavIC
- FM Radio
The first devices with the new MediaTek Dimensity 1200 and 1100 chipsets are expected to hit the market at the end of Q1 and/or beginning of Q2 this year from several OEMs including Xiaomi, Vivo, OPPO, and Realme. Additional information about the new processor may be found on MediaTek 5G product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.