Beyond Intel and AMD, there are other x86 processors in the wild from DM&P and Zhaoxin. We’ve written about the latter in a QNAP NAS earlier this year, but now it turns out there’s also a Zhaxin-based mini PC with Beelink LZX based on a Zhaoxin KX-6640MA quad-core x86 processor that showed up on Shopee Indonesia for 3.86 million Indonesian Rupiahs, or about $270 US.
The computer comes with 8GB RAM by default but supports up to 64GB, as well as dual M.2 NVMe and SATA III storage, two 4Kp60 capable HDMI ports, dual Gigabit Ethernet, and more.
- SoC – Zhaoxin KX-6640MA quad-core processor @ 2.1 GHz / 2.6 GHz (Turbo) with 4MB cache, C-960 Graphics (support 4K HD); TDP: 25W
- System Memory – 8GB DDR4 RAM upgradeable to 64GB via two SO-DIMM memory slots
- Storage – 256GB M.2 NVMe SSD, additional M.2 2280 slot for NVMe SSD, 1TB hard disk drive
- Video Output – 2x HDMI 2.0 ports up to 4Kp60
- Audio – 3.5mm headphone jack, 6.5mm microphone jack, digital audio via HDMI ports
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports
- WiFi 5 (customizable to WiFi 6) and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 6x USB 3.0 ports
- Misc – Power button, two cooling fans
- Power Supply – Via power barrel jack
Not bad specs for the price, but it might not be the most efficient nor the most powerful around. The Beelink LZX mini PC ships with a power adapter, two HDMI cables, an FPC cable for storage installation, a wall-mount bracket, plus a user manual.
The mini PC comes with Windows 10 operating system, but it also supports the Unity Operating System (UOS) and Kylin both of which are Linux distributions for the Chinese market.
The less good news is that when I asked Beelink for a sample, they said it was for the Chinese market, and they had stopped production due to a lack of supply for the CPU (it’s 2021 after all). So that’s a mini PC most will never have a chance to check out at least outside of China, and maybe Indonesia and Malaysia.
If you’re so inclined there’s also a video about Beelink LZX on YouTube, but entirely in Chinese, where you’ll see the mini PC in action together with some benchmarks.
If you’d really like to check out a platform based on Zhaoxin KX-6640MA processor, there’s another model by “Wedigital” that is listed for $260 on Newegg.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.