Gemini Lake mini PC announcement keep on coming, with the latest from Plater Electronics which showcased their KODLIX Gemini Lake mini PC at the Hong Kong Electronics Fair 2018.
What makes this model interesting is that beside the usual Celeron N4000/N4100 dual/quad core processor, it also offers the most powerful yet less common Pentium Silver N5000, and support for up to 16GB RAM via two SO-DIMM slots despite competitors and motherboards manufacturers claiming a maximum of 8GB on their Gemini Lake hardware, even two memory slots are available.
- Intel Celeron N4000 dual core processor @ 1.10/2.60 GHz with Intel UHD Graphics 600; 6W TDP
- Intel Celeron N4100 quad core processor @ 1.10/2.40 GHz with Intel UHD Graphics 600; 6W TDP
- Intel Pentium Silver N5000 quad core processor @ 1.10/2.70 GHz with Intel UHD Graphics 605; 6W TDP
- System Memory – 2x DDR4 or LPDDR4 SO-DIMM slots up to 16GB
- Storage – 32/64/128/256 GB flash; 2.5″ SATA slot for HDD or SSD, micro SD slot
- Display – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60 Hz, VGA
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack, digital audio via HDMI
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB type C port
- Misc – Power button, reset pinhole
- Power Supply – 12V/2A
- Dimensions – 174 x 134 x 35 mm
- Weight – 581 grams
The HDD / SSD bay is located right under the enclosure and secured with two screws. The mini PC can run Windows 10 or Linux, but it’s unclear whether the company will ship the device with Linux pre-installed. NotebookItalia was at the exhibition, filmed a short video of the computer, and mentioned sales are slated to start in May at an undisclosed price. [Update: It appears to be an update of their KODLIX N42-C Apollo Lake mini PC]
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|