The new watch comes with a new rectangular design, a Nordic Semi nRF52840 SoC that offers four times the RAM, twice the on-chip and external flash, plus an always-on sunlight-readable screen with full touchscreen support, and improved Bluetooth signal strength.
Bangle.js 2 specifications:
- MCU – Nordic Semi nRF52840 Arm Cortex-M4 MCU @ 64MHz with Bluetooth LE, 256kB RAM, 1MB on-chip flash
- Storage – 8MB flash
- Display – 1.3-inch 176×176 always-on 3-bit color LCD display (LPM013M126) with backlight, full touchscreen
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE with advertising, central and peripheral mode support
- GPS/Glonass receiver
- Heart rate monitor
- 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis magnetometer
- Air pressure/temperature sensor
- Misc – Vibration motor
- Debugging/Programming – Full SWD debug port on the rear of the watch
- Battery – 200mAh battery good for over 2 weeks in standby time
- Dimensions – 43 x 36 x 12mm watch body, with standard 20mm watch straps
- IP rating – IP67 – Waterproof as deep as 1 meter for 30 minutes
Some of the other firmware highlights include a graphics library with Vector fonts, bitmap rotate & scale, Tensorflow Lite for microcontrollers, a wear-leveling flash filesystem, heatshrink compression, and VT100 Terminal support on the LCD.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.