TQ Embedded (aka TQ) has just announced the availability of the TQMa117xL system-on-chip module based on NXP i.MX RT1170 crossover processor family, and as well as MBa117xL single board computer (SBC) based on the 31×31 mm module.
TQMa117xL’s small size has been achieved thanks to a 277-pad LGA design, with the module still integrating LP-SDRAM, Quad-SPI NOR flash and EPROM, a PMIC, as well as an optional security chip.
TQMa117xL i.MX RT1170 SoM
- Crossover processor (one or the other)
- NXP i.MX RT1171 with Cortex-M7 @ up to 1 GHz (Consumer) or 800 MHz (industrial), 1 GbE (AVB)
- NXP i.MX RT1172 with Cortex-M7 @ 800 MHz/ 1 GHz, graphics accelerators and camera/display interfaces, 1GbE (AVB)
- NXP i.MX RT1173 with Cortex-M7 @ 800 MHz (industrial only), Cortex-M4 @ 400 MHz, 1GbE (AVB), graphics accelerators and camera/display interfaces, tamper inteface
- NXP i.MX RT1175 with Cortex-M7 @ 800 MHz / 1 GHz, Cortex-M4 @ 400 MHz, 1GbE (AVB)
- NXP i.MX RT1176 with Cortex-M7 @ 800 MHz / 1 GHz, Cortex-M4 @ 400 MHz, graphics accelerators and camera/display interfaces, 2 GbE interfaces (one TSN, one AVB)
- System Memory – Up to 64MB LP-SDRAM
- Storage – Up to 256MB Quad SPI NOR flash, optional up to 64 Kbit EEPROM
- 277-pin LGA (Lang Grid Array) with
- Storage – Up to 2x SDIO / eMMC 5.0
- Display I/F – 1x MIPI DSI (2 Lanes), Parallel LCD up to WXGA (1280×800) @ 60 fp
- Camera I/F – 1x MIPI CSI (2 Lanes)
- Audio – Up to 4x SAI, up to 8-ch DMIC, up to 1x SPDIF
- Networking – Up to 2x Gbit-Ethernet (1x TSN/1x AVB)
- USB – Up to 2x USB 2.0
- Serial – Up to 3x CAN FD; up to 12x UART
- Low-speed I/Os – Up to 6x I2C, up to 6x SPI, up to 2x QSPI, up to 2x FlexIO
- Security – Optional NXP EdgeLock SE050 secure element
- Misc – RTC, temperature sensor
- Supply Voltage – 5 V
- Power Consumption – 1W typ.
- Dimensions – 31 x 31 mm
- Temperature Range – Standard: -25°C…+85°C; extended: -40°C…+85°C
The company provides support for FreeRTOS, and other operating systems can be made available/worked on upon request. TQ says the module is an ideal platform for applications such as small gateways, room control systems, decentralized intelligence in automation, time recording systems, or voice-controlled elevator control systems.
MBa117xL single board computer
MBa117xL Key features:
- Compatible with TQMa117xL i.MX RT1170 SoM
- Storage – MicroSD card slot
- Display I/F – MIPI DSI or LVDS via DSI to LVDS bridge
- Camera I/F – 1x MIPI CSI
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports, including one with optional PoE support
- Wifi module connected to SDHC2
- Cellular option (NB-IoT to 4G LTE) with SIM card slot
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Serial – RS485, UART, 2x isolated CAN Bus
- Expansion – GPIOs with 24V in/out, up to 8x ADC via SPI analog front-end
- Debugging – JTAG, Freelink interface, micro USB UART console
- Power Supply – 16 to 30V DC input
- Dimensions – 160 x 100 mm
MBa117xL carrier board is used as part of a starter kit with TQMa1176L-AA module, but TQ Embedded explains it can also be used as an already qualified industrial board, notably for smart HMI solutions in building automation, control systems, and real-time acquisition of sensor data in automation.
Both the SoC module and single board computer are available now at an undisclosed price. Further details may be found on the respective product pages for the module and single board computer.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.