MECOOL KP1 is a Full HD projector equipped with the MECOOL KD5 HDMI dongle powered by an Amlogic S805X2 quad-core Cortex-A35 processor with 1GB RAM and 8GB flash and running Android 11 for TV.
Most Android projectors are equipped with a low-end processor accompanied by an outdated version of Android, and while the Amlogic S805X2 SoC found in the KP1 is not a workhorse, Android 11 for TV OS should make it useable for a few more years, and it might even be possible to upgrade the TV stick down the road.
MECOOL KP1 specfications:
- TV Stick – MECOOL KD5 with
- SoC – Amlogic S805X2 quad-core Arm Cortex-A35 processor with Arm Mali-G31 MP2 GPU, 1080p60 10-bit AV1, H.265, VP9 P-2, H.264, AVS2, MPEG4/2/1 video decoder
- System Memory – 1GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 port
- Connectivity – Dual-band WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 4.2
- OS – Android TV on Android 11
- LCD Projector
- Native Resolution – 1920×1080
- Luminance – 700 ANSI Lumens
- Light Source Brightness – 14000~15000lux
- Contrast Ratio – 10000:1
- LED Life – > 30,000 hours
- Projection Parameters
- Throw Ratio – 1.3
- Focus Mode – Manual Focus
- Keystone Correction – Vertical (Auto ±50°), Horizontal (±50°), Rotation (±50°)
- Projection Mode – Front/Rear/Front Ceiling/Rear Ceiling
- Projection Size – 45-inch to 240-inch
- Storage – MicroSD card slot
- Video Inputs
- 3x HDMI inputs, including one used by MECOOL KD5
- AV port
- 3.5mm audio jack for speakers or headphones
- 5W speaker
- Misc – 2x IR receivers, buttons at the top for power, volume, menu control, etc…
- Power Supply – AC100~240V
- Dimensions – 234 x 211 x 87.5mm
- Weight – 2.3kg
The MECOOL KP1 projector ships with a MECOOL KD5 TV stick and its IR & Bluetooth remote control, HDMI and AV cables, a power cable, and a quick start guide. You can see the TV stick at the bottom right of the photo above, as it’s handling Bluetooth connectivity from the remote control, while the projector comes with two IR receivers one at the front and the other at the back.
The MECOOL KD5 TV stick is Netflix and Google certified, so you’ll benefit from that with the projector too, and while the processor is not that powerful it still supports 1080p60 AV1 video decoding and HDR10+.
MECOOL KP1 projector is sold for $349 on MECOOL website, and shipping should start in about 5 days.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.