Sfera Labs has launched another Raspberry Pi RP2040-based hardware platform with the Iono RP D16 industrial IO module following the Exo Sense RP multi-sensor module we covered last month.
The Iono RP D16 module provides sixteen digital 24V I/O lines, an RS-485 serial interface, a wide range 12-28V power supply input, and its DIN-rail case enables installation in electrical cabinets and automation control systems.
Iono RP D16 specifications:
- MCU – Raspberry Pi RP2040 dual-core Arm Cortex-M0+ microcontroller @ 133MHz with 264kB on-chip SRAM
- Storage – 16MB SPI flash
- Inputs/Outputs via terminal blocks
- Serial – RS-485 interface to the RP2040 serial lines via terminal block with electrostatic discharge protection
- USB – 1x micro USB port for programming/debugging
- Options – Real-time clock with backup battery, secure element chip, earthquake sensor module
- Power Supply
- 12 to 28 V DC power supply input via terminal block, with surge and reverse polarity protection and 1.1A resettable fuse
- 5V 400mA auxiliary voltage output via terminal block, with overcurrent and reverse current protection
- Dimensions – 3 module DIN-rail case
- Certifications – CE, FCC, and IC compliant
The company recommends C/C++ or MicroPython for developing firmware for the industrial RP2040 IO module using resources provided by Raspberry Pi Trading. They also have a Github repository for Arduino, C/C++, and MicroPython samples, but everything is shown as “coming soon”, meaning the repository is currently empty…
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.