Sfera Labs has launched another Raspberry Pi RP2040-based hardware platform with the Iono RP D16 industrial IO module following the Exo Sense RP multi-sensor module we covered last month.
The Iono RP D16 module provides sixteen digital 24V I/O lines, an RS-485 serial interface, a wide range 12-28V power supply input, and its DIN-rail case enables installation in electrical cabinets and automation control systems.
Iono RP D16 specifications:
- MCU – Raspberry Pi RP2040 dual-core Arm Cortex-M0+ microcontroller @ 133MHz with 264kB on-chip SRAM
- Storage – 16MB SPI flash
- Inputs/Outputs via terminal blocks
- Serial – RS-485 interface to the RP2040 serial lines via terminal block with electrostatic discharge protection
- USB – 1x micro USB port for programming/debugging
- Options – Real-time clock with backup battery, secure element chip, earthquake sensor module
- Power Supply
- 12 to 28 V DC power supply input via terminal block, with surge and reverse polarity protection and 1.1A resettable fuse
- 5V 400mA auxiliary voltage output via terminal block, with overcurrent and reverse current protection
- Dimensions – 3 module DIN-rail case
- Certifications – CE, FCC, and IC compliant
The company recommends C/C++ or MicroPython for developing firmware for the industrial RP2040 IO module using resources provided by Raspberry Pi Trading. They also have a Github repository for Arduino, C/C++, and MicroPython samples, but everything is shown as “coming soon”, meaning the repository is currently empty…
Iono RP D16 IO module can be purchased for 276 Euros and up excluding tax on the company’s online store. Additional information may also be found in the announcement.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.