RAKwireless joined CNX Software’s Giveaway Week last year with the WisBlock Kit 2 LoRa-based GPS Tracker with Solar Panel, and the company is back for Giveaway Week 2022 with the RAK Developer Kit (Air Quality Kit) with LoRaWAN connectivity.
The kit includes everything to get started to build an indoor air quality monitor and send the air quality information over LoRaWAN to the cloud/LoRaWAN server. It notably comes with a WisGate gateway and a Wisblock Node with an indoor enclosure.
The kit contents and main specifications are as follows:
- RAK7246 WisGate Developer D0 with:
- Raspberry Pi Zero W board with Broadcom BCM2835 ARM11 processor @ 1GHz, 512MB RAM
- Storage – 16GB MicroSD card
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 via Cypress CYW43438 module found on RPi Zero W board
- RAK2246 Pi HAT LoRaWAN concentrator module with
- SX1308 baseband processor
- Frequency bands – RU864, IN865, EU868, US915, AU915, KR920, AS923
- WisBlock Kit 4 with
- RAK19007 slots for WisBlock Core MCU, WisBlock Sensor, and other WisBlock modules
- RAK4631 core MCU module based on Nordic nRF52840 BLE 5.0 chip and Semtech SX1262 LoRa transceiver with support for LoRaWan 1.0.2 protocol stack (supports Class A & C)
- RAK1906 module with the Bosch BME680 environment sensor to measure:
- Temperature – Range: -40°C to +85°C
- Humidity – Range: 0% to 100%
- Pressure -Range: 300 to1100 hPa
- Gas sensor response time < 1s
- Gas sensor direct output of IAQ: Index for Air Quality
- Antennas – Gateway & WisBlock node antennas (LoRa, BLE, WiFi)
- RAKBox-B3 indoor enclosure for the WisBlock Kit 4
The company provides detailed instructions to connect the RAK Developer Kit (Air Quality Kit) to The Things Networks and Ubidots to create a dashboard in the cloud as shown above.
To enter the draw simply leave a comment with your country and whatever else you’d like to say (no links in the body of the comment). If the country is missing, I’ll consider the entry void. Other rules are as follows:
- Only one entry per contest. I will filter out entries with the same IP and/or email address.
- Contests are open for 48 hours starting at 10 am (Bangkok time) every day.
- Comments will be closed after 48 hours. If comments are open, the contest is still going on.
- Winners will be selected with random.org, and announced in the comments section of each giveaway.
- I’ll contact the winner by email, and I’ll expect an answer within 24 hours, or I’ll pick another winner.
- Note that I may not be able to contact people who log in with Facebook, Twitter, or Google, so it’s better to use an email address to enter the draw.
- Shipping is handled directly by RAKwireless and the winner will not need to pay for shipping
- I’ll make sure we have 7 different winners, so if you have already won a device during this giveaway week, I’ll draw another person.
If you’re interested in the kit but don’t end up being the lucky winner, the RAK Developer Kit (Air Quality Kit) can be purchased on the RAKwireless’ store for $144.58 with the frequency suitable in your country.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.