$149 Hardkernel ODROID-XU Octa Core big LITTLE Development Board
Just a few days after noticing code for ODROID-XU in hardkernel repository, the company has now launched ODROID-XU development board powered by Exynos 5410 octa core processor with 2GB RAM, USB 3.0, and more for just $149 (as long as you order in August, $169 after that).
Here are ODROID-XU hardware specifications:
- SoC – Samsung Exynos5 Octa Cortex-A15 and Cortex-A7 big.LITTLE processor with PowerVR SGX544MP3 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage – micro SD slot, eMMC 4.5 connector
- Video Output – micro HDMI + MPI LCD interface and Touch screen I2C ports (IPEX-40PIN)
- Audio – micro HDMI, headphone jack, MAX98090 Audio Codec
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet via USB 2.0 (LAN9730)
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 Host, 1x USB 3.0 OTG, and 4x USB 2.0 Host
- Expansion Header – 30 pins (GPIO/IRQ/SPI/ADC)
- Misc – PWM connector for Cooler,
- Power Supply – 5V/4A (Plug specification is inner diameter 2.1mm and outer diameter 5.5mm)
- PMIC – MAX77802 10 high-efficiency Buck regulators and 32 LDOs.
There are two versions to buy: ODROID-XU ($149) that comes with a plastic case, an active cooler and 5V/4A PSU, and ODROID-XU+E ($199) which adds 4 current & voltage sensors (TI INA231 – See video for demo) for monitoring A15 and A7 cores, GPU and RAM power consumption in real-time. Shipping and handling adds $40 for me. You’ll also need an additional MicroSD card or eMMC module (recommended) to install the OS (Android first, then Ubuntu Linux in Q4 2013).
Hardkernel has posted several videos showing off the device, include the unboxing video below.
You can find more information, and/or pre-order the device on ODROID-XU page. Shipment are expected on September 10, 2013.
Updated: The company also posted some benchmarks (Phoronix) comparing ODROID-XU with the ARM Chromebook (Exynos 5250).